• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Quick Export not working

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I keep having the problem with quick export not working. I have to quit Photoshop and go back in to get it functioning. This messes up my work flow is this a known issue or is it just me.

Windows 10 - 64 bit
most recent update to Photoshop CC 2015

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it crashed, Photoshop wouldn't be working and you couldn't quit.

So, can you tell us exactly how it is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I go to use quick export or even just export as sometimes nothing happens. I have to restart Photoshop to get it to work and that doesn't even always solve the problem. Last night I was able to quick export once then it stopped working again. I use this feature all the time and it would help if it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Restarting Photoshop is the only fix I have found. It usually stops working for me if I have attempted to run an Action that has a step after the Quick Export. Side note is I believe Quick Export issues within Actions is due to attempt to change focus to open an external Explorer Window. This shows up as a problem if you put another step after the Quick Export in your Action; you don't get your export and the Quick Export is now broken until you restart Photoshop.

Please remove the OPEN EXPLORER WINDOW 'feature' and this may fix the Quick Export issues within Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I go to File / Export / Quick Export as ... then nothing happens. Same thing if I right click a specific artboard in the layers window. Quitting and reopening the file sometimes fixes it, but that's no fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello is the support team out there please respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, the feature just doesn't work if i try to right-click on any layer panel and thens elect the 'quick export as png'. Nothing happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as me, I am working on a file with a massive amount of layers and Quick Export  was very helpful. It works for a while, then I notice nothing happens and I have to restart Photoshop, really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here. The quick export and 'export as' features work fine on my MacBook but not on my PC. On the PC the quick export does nothing and the 'export as' brings up the window but then loads forever (I let it sit for a very long time and it was just stuck loading.. note that the PC is equipped with more than enough gear to complete the function.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having that problem right now - really a time management issue. Needing to restart. Anyone have a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the issue this morning.  Opened the CC app and there was a PS update waiting to be installed.  Once installed the issue was resolved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, Anyone point me in the direction of a resolution as i have got really used to using this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as everyone above. sooo need this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Have also same problem
where is support team of photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, common support team, we are waiting 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Workaround for me is sometimes "Quick export as PNG"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found keeping the explorer window that it opens open it can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here which I right click on a layer/artboard and quick export as jpg. The export window sometimes doesn't open. Then I have to quit Photoshop to get it working again. Export As seems to hate PNGs too, it just hangs and hangs with no response. Using the legacy save for web scales png images down if they are too long. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same issue described here on my machine. Happens across multiple documents, not limited to one. I right click on an artboard and select 'Quick Export as PNG', nothing happens. Nothing freezes or slows down, just nothing happens. Other export methods work, but 'Quick Export as PNG' is invaluable for quickly saving out a single artboard as a PNG.

As with other users here, the only fix seem to be restarting Photoshop and trying again.

Would greatly appreciate any help, thanks Support team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Not only does the Quick Export not work, but when I go to do a regular export, the window opens up and the wait indicator spins forever.
Why am I paying this monthly fee, when such an important feature is not going to work properly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Export As and Quick Export no longer work for me. Windows 7, latest version.

I wish Photoshop had a simple native save layer function built-in, just like Photoline. Or a simple way to send one or more selected layers to an external web image optimization app like ColorQuantizer and RIOT (Radical Image Optimization Tool).

I can easily do this in Photoline. Why not in Photoshop? It is quite brilliant to send a selected layer or layer group to ColourQuantizer for optimization. No fuss, and very fast. The Export As dialog in Photoshop is positively lacking in PNG output options.

In Photoshop the latest web export options are slow, and fraught with errors - well, small wonder what with the external dependencies such as NodeJS.

At least Generator works, which is nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, why is this taking so long to get a response from support, let alone a fix!
I'm having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this was recently brought to my attention.  Apologies for the delayed.  I haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet and will contacting some of you to figure out a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chad, I really miss this great feature and its been so long i have reverted back my old workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chad Rolfs, I recently upgraded to the latest PS CC version. I didn't fix the issue. But I also then doubled the ram in my machine (now at 32GB) . The issue is now remedied. However when I'm working on an especially large file (I work on large complex websites and normally try to contain all screens in a single file) ,or a big but not huge file on a remote server, it can take 30 secs or more to just open the Export as/ Quick export.

Votes

Translate

Translate