• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Retina OSX interface issues

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of Photoshop CC 2015 I get multiple Interface bugs which requires me to restart photoshop. THe bugs are offsetet gui and canvas problems.

To be more clear. Interface such as tooltip popups, Like when dragging a layer in the layer stack, the floating layer attached to the mouse can be placed a completely different place on the screen than the mouse cursor. Or when cropping, the pixel amount info is placed somewhere else than the cursor.

At the same time as this bug appear, the canvas for the image Im working on doesnt get larger. Meaning if I make the window larger, there will be a black frame around the image and no matter how large I make the tab/image, the image itself is cropped inside this small area. A very annoying bug that appeared with the latest version, I hope you can fix this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015
The issue for document window not showing up in the correct position or showing black when resized when a second monitor is attached/removed is fixed in the Photoshop CC 2015.0.1 update which was released today. Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

I believe it should fix the other issues you are seeing. Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue on a retina Macbook pro 15inch.
Hopefully a fix soon comes because it makes it impossible to work in it.

I've got the same mouse cursor issues. When I use the brush tool in the center it starts drawing on a different place and I can't zoom in or out correctly with a black border around my workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this to the forum and here. But, I've given up pursuing this error because the only response I got from Adobe was the usual and quick "blame everyone else instead of looking into it" kind of response. Im hoping it will behave better after OX El Capitan comes out, but I doubt it.
Its clearly a bug with CC 2015 since it didnt occur before cc2015, or if it is in OSX or anything else (which adobe responded to me) its clearly possible to avoid since its a new bug thats wasnt there before.
From what it seems to me, Adobe hasnt really tried all kinds of switch screens, mirror screens etc using a wacom and Yosemite when they released Phshop cc2015, and they dont bother to look into it until enough people scream out (like the white menus bug that took months to fix) ...yeah sorry for ranting, but it frustrates me as a customer to get such effortless answers to a major problem which I now have to try work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can completely understand Joachim customer care isn't one of the best parts of Adobe. It took ages for retina support even with a big customer base having issues with it.

Hopefully they fix this bug soon or else I'm back to Sketch again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, I hope you can at least read this bug and do a test. Now I've tried Photoshop CC 2015 both in Yosemite and El Capitan (yes I know its still in beta) But, Im pretty confident this is a bug caused by Adobe and not in the OS. It appeared after upgrading to Photoshop CC 2015. I managed to pinpoint when the bug appear and its when switching to a different resolution. F.example when having Photoshop open and change/mirror screen to a Cintiq tablet. After Photoshop has switched resolution, all sorts of UI bugs appear and makes it very difficult to work. This did not happen until cc 2015. I ask kindly that you test it, its not a rare bug, it happens every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the spot healing Brush will not work in PS cc. Anyone else see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joachim, does quitting and relaunching after adding or removing a 2nd screen or changing resolution correct the problem?

I know we have a fix for the issue with the screen not drawing correctly when the resolution/screen size changes while Photoshop is already launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When getting out of sleeping mode, Photoshop sometimes blackens the stage and removes color swatches. Sometimes it blackens just the part of the stage, sometimes the whole stage. Closing/reopening the image doesn't help, only app relaunch. When dragging app between screens (I'm using MacBook retina with connected display), the black part may change from just taking some part of the stage, to the whole stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue for document window not showing up in the correct position or showing black when resized when a second monitor is attached/removed is fixed in the Photoshop CC 2015.0.1 update which was released today. Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

I believe it should fix the other issues you are seeing. Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffrey, Thanks for answering!

to answer your first question. Yes, quitting photoshop and opening again fixed it. I think the problem occurred in the transition when photoshop changes resolution on the UI.

But after the latest update its all fixed it seems. I havent been able to reproduce it yet at least. And it happened every time before, so thats a very good sign.

Thanks a lot for answering and fixing the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Excellent. Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate