• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rotate View with floating window relocates view

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last Photoshop 21.2.1 release there is a bug with the rotate view tool. In floating window mode when Rotating the View, the center of the rotation moves to a different area of the image - the compass doesn't stay fixed to the rotation point. In Full screen this doesn't occur. please fix.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I not sure since which versions, the Canvas rotate start to have this issue when i trying to rotate the canvas when it's not in full-screen mode or tabs. When i rotate the canvas and zoom in, the canvas seems to randomly move to the edge on the image. it's always made so much trouble to find back to the point that i working on. I've been trying to downgrade to some old versions of PS, but it seems to have another problem in different things..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a screen grab of what you're seeing? Zooming with Canvas Rotation seems to work as expected in 21.1.2 for me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem that Jeremy above - using version 21.1.3

It's extremely annoying as it breaks your whole flow when drawing by shifting the center of your canvas way to the side some other part of the screen. Esc resets it back but then you lose the rotation angle that you needed to draw something.

I can confirm this doesn't happen on full screen mode. 

In this image, my cursor was about to draw on the head in the center of the screen. Now notice how that same section of the canvas with the center head is now on the top edge of the screen as soon as I rotated the canvas.

RackMultipart202006011051441ra-1e8a9c70-c0d6-42f8-897f-32bf69825c32-947014399.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey - please see the image I uploaded for you on the post down below. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dexter, Thanks for the screenshot images,
Even in the latest version 21.1.3, the issue still remains, and I have discovered more and more problems that the previous version doesn't have.

For example the constantly freezing moment like all in the sudden the object in the layer you're working on (sticking with your Wacom movement), and some time Wacom pen out of pressure for like 5 seconds.

These issue has driven me crazy sometimes, PS is being very annoying with current issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record I am also using a Wacom device just like Jeremy (Cintiq 24HD w latest Wacom drivers and Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back a few versions to get this feature back to how it originally worked but am now getting OpenGL issues that won't let me use this issue at all. ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround for the known issue linked below creates usability issues for the Rotate View Tool.

If you turn overscroll off, have a floating window, zoom into an area and rotate the view, the view wildly jumps away from where you're rotating. Surely this is a bug?

The obvious fix would be to sort the below issue so we can again enable overscroll.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-zoom-in-out-bug-moves-to-cen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised that this happens only when overscroll is turned off in the tools preferences. I think that is a normal behaviour with this setting. I turned it off because of other bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch on the Overscroll being the cause. Not sure if that's a bug or feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here!

I can't seem to rotate the canvas without it jumping to a different part of the screen, whereas I think zooming seems okay

I'm using a Wacom tablet but don't think it's related because I still have the issue even with the tablet unplugged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this same issue, I'd been tweeting Adobe support about it and they eventually just gave up replying to me

Still, thanks for letting me know that enabling overscroll fixes it! I also had no idea that overscroll was even a thing despite me having needed it for so long 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this behavior with zoom/rotate/floating windows and overscroll new to 2021 (version 22)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, confirming this issue is still happening with 22.0.0.

Overscroll off - image jumps away from screen center axis after rotating view.

Overscroll on - rotates correctly around center.

If you have a non zero rotation angle and then enable over scroll, the view instantly jumps back to be centered correctly.

As mentioned, floating windows only. Does not occur in fullscreen windows.

Imagine you are zoomed way in creating a path with the pen tool and you want to rotate the view a little - the area you were working on jumps wildly out of view and you have to go find it again. Very jarring.

Votes

Translate

Translate