• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Saving Adobe pdf presets missing in photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PS 25.6.0, the presets for saving PDFs are gone. Is this a known bug? How can I get them back?

Photoshop 25.6.0

Mac OS Ventura 13.6.5

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Adobe has released Photoshop 25.7, which contains a fix for this issue. Please install the update from your Creative Cloud App. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

If you continue to see the problem after updating Photoshop, please respond in this thread. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
64 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou! After alot of digging around, I found the "Adobe PDF" file in the Users library and copied it over to the main library... phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else runs into this and doesn't have the 2023 files still installed, I was able to fix by going to Creative Cloud and choosing "Other Versions" from the Photoshop dropdown and installing v. 25.0. Hope Adobe fixes this asap tho.

Jeff36339596kcor_0-1711478971872.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the "Adobe PDF" folder. Its not part of the Photoshop settings.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to your Creative Cloud Desktop app and install 25.5.1, then copy the PDF folder to your Desktop, upgrade back to 25.6 and copy it back to the same directory. Remember to keep your settings when installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I noticed those Adobe PDF files are from 2005. Probably doesn't mean anything, but that's why I used Time machine to get the Photoshop PDF 2024 files and put them in the root directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'essaie de sauvegarder une image en PDF presse, mais les profils de base n'apparaissent plus! Je n'ai que des profils paramétrés par moi-mêmes qui ont été gardés en mémoire. Comment puis-je les récupérer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a whirl! 

Go into photoshop
Edit>Adobe Presets

Click "Load"

Find Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

Load the .joboptions file and save the preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Photoshop version 25.6, and it appears my PDF preset profiles have disappeared, leaving me with one profile. (please see screenshot) 
Is there a way to download these Presets again without going back a software update?

Any info is appreciated! 

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.55.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci à tout le monde pour les conseils!

J'ai finalement résolu le problème en copiant les profils PDF d'InDesign (Resources - Adobe PDF - settings) dans les settings de Photoshop. Je n'ai fait qu'un test pour l'instant, mais ça a fonctionné.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot. I'm having the same 'missing PDF presets' issue but I don't have any previous versions of Photoshop on my computer.  I noticed these PDF presets were missing from Ps (Beta), so I've been using Ps 2024 specifically when I need to save high-quality PDFs. Gone.  Any suggestions beyond waiting/hoping Adobe updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the thread, there are workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tommy. I don't know what Photoshop's Beta Folder structure is like, but create a PDF folder in Photoshop 2024's folder, then copy the Settings folder from Adobe PDF to Photoshop's PDF folder. I'm not using the Beta, so I don't where they keep their PDF folder. After a while, an update should replace it with the latest PDF joboptions.

Any questions, get back to me.

Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 7.54.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well none of this "solutions" have worked for me! it would be nicer from adobe to fix this with a new update asap, because i'm paying for something and it's not working, at least someone would post the file or folder that include that pdf preset so i can fix this wile adobe can't!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path has been posted, with instructions about what to copy where. It took me about 15 seconds to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can see the path, but there's no folder there with the name "adobe PDF" or "PDF" so what should i do in those 15 seconds smart guy? try some trick and create a folder that does not exist? because downgrade my photoshop version and copy the folder and update it again, that takes ages and no one pays me for that! I'm working, not solving adobe's problems. So if you have a proper solution like i said before your welcome to say it, if you trying making fun of others and act like a smart as* please don't bother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the folder with the default presets should be installed at the root level,  make sure you are looking for them in that Library folder and not the Library folder within your user account Home folder.

In other words, make sure you are looking in

/Library

and copying them into

~/Library

which is the same as

[username]/Library

Because there are reports that other apps are loading the default presets properly, that means that folder should be at that root location and so chances are it should not really be missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to downgrade, simply go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and install Photoshop 2023 then copy the missing PDF folder as shown above. Ps 2023 is a separate install and it's how I fixed my missing presets problems.

It's always a good idea to keep an extra version handy for cases like these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Conrad C 

I updated a second Macbook to Ps 25.6 while keeping an eye on its' root level folder. I saw the PDF folder removed and not replaced during that update. May not be happening to everyone, but in my case yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gener7,

Thank You to the Heavens and back again! Problem solved, case closed. 

I appreciate your explanation and particularly the attached image - very easy to follow and reproduce. You are a Community Expert indeed!

TD

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect this worked for me! Thank you! I coppied the whole PDF folder from photoshop 2023 to the 2024 folder and the presets all came back after i restarted photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this resolved my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. in Photoshop Beta and also Photshop 2024, the only PDF preset that is available is "Smaller Screen Size." How do I get to the other PDF presets (such as high-quality print, etc?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My Users does not have a Library folder even..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@amiramran does this help: 

Can't see user library files in macOS

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate