• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Saving copy not saving over jpg file

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working on Catalina OS. saving file extension works now but does not save over jpg when saving it creates a copy which is annoying and time consuming to fix

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 834 Replies 834
834 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and that was last year and this year they (adobe) say the bug is fixed (it is not)  I show them the proof and they bump it up the line and then close the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Johan_Elzenga I'm going to assume you have access to insider information you've agreed to keep secret. If that's the case I'm glad to hear this, though I'm still annoyed it's taken over a year and we're still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lora_cawkins_7886325 ... you do realize that the link you've posted takes you to this feedback forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as philip_wels. This f.... bug has not been fixed! Layers or not in the file, you should be able to replace it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops no I didn't. sorry. I deleted it.  duh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From ADOBE.
Sorry for the delay in response. As I checked with my resources, the latest version Photoshop has a compatibility issue with the Mac OS which does not allow Photoshop to use save as copy feature. Our engineers are currently working with Apple on the same. However, as a workaround, we suggest you to roll back to the previous version Photoshop where you can use the save as copy feature normally as you do. Once the issue is fixed, you will be notified with an update to the app through creative cloud app.  
trying to get a link to the old version that works 
Adobe
Open the Creative Cloud app, click the ••• button to the right of the desired app, and choose Other Versions from the pop-up menu. In the list that appears, find the older version 21.2.5
my version of photoshop is 22.0.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lora, my wording was poor. Been making a living in PS for 31 years. Of COURSE I know you can't save a layered jpg. My point is you can't save over an existing jpg FROM a layered file without it adding "copy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Frank. You're the first official poster here from Adobe. This thread dates back to October 2019. Seems there ought to be a more meaningful/direct way to engage Adobe rather than a thread that goes on for over 16 pages before anyone in an official capacity steps in. I appreciate this will be resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps I rolled back and it still does the same dame thing 21.2.6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in the industry just as long. Started with Photoshop version 1.

I did 4 tests saving over 4 different existing .jpgs from a layered file and I did not have "copy" in the title. 

I'm running a Mac with Big Sur and Photoshop 22.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lora, are you opening a layered PSD file, then using the Save As ... menu to save a JPG file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, as well as opening a .jpg, added layers then doing a save as.  The .jpg didn't have copy in the title.  Then if you want to save the layered file it has to be either a .tif or .psd 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, years or level of experience have no bearing on the existing bug. It's real, well-documented, and easy to replicate.

Hoping for a fix. This is beyond stale at this point.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lora, did you then attempt to save over the existing JPG file? If so, you're the lone person who isn't affected by this bug. Please site your system configuration, PS version, etc. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lora, don't change the name when you are saving the file from a psd to a jpeg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kudos. We've seen some stuff. I have to admit I've been burned by my Photoshop/Wacom driver/MacOS setup too many times with updates breaking something. I confess I haven't gone to Big Sur yet. If you haven't run into any issues, is it worth the risk for me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, chazcron. Other than the ongoing Photoshop bug, I haven't any issues with Big Sur. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mattrock, I think I'll pull the trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@2stepbay  FYI Frank is not a Adobe employee. However, you should note that several Adobe employees have in fact posted on this thread, and continue to do so. What they cannot do is to take the time to repeat over and over what they have said every time a new poster pops up. One of the problems is that this thread has become very long, so posters probably do not go back through it to discover what Adobe actually has already said. John Elzenga is correct in that Adobe IS in fact working on this issue and has every motivation they need to get it resolved as quickly as possible. He is very knowledgeable about Adobe, Adobe products, and does know whereof he speaks.  Enough "ink has been spilled" about this; it will be fixed, and it will be fixed as quickly as the programmers figure it out. They are NOT asleep at their desks!

Another poster, lora cawkins,  wrote yesterday (March 14) asserting that Adobe does not monitor this forum; that is incorrect. Read through the 16 or 17 pages of this thread and you will see that Adobe employees do, in fact, read and respond to this and do, in fact, have close contact with appropriate departments inside Adobe to urge repair of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but Adobe stated, that it is already fixed in 22.3:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DGrainger Your comments are so useless, why don't you stop spilling ink. NOTHING you say is actually helpful. You aren't Adobe, so just shut up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@scott_cocking  Your comment amounts to an ad hominem attack, which is not allowed on this forum. Nothing that I wrote is "useless" and in fact is entirely correct. I am not sure what your particular "beef" is against me or my comments, but I advise you to either be polite and civil or take your remarks to some other place that does not mind that sort of stuff. You have actually on been on this forum for a very few months; perhaps you came here just looking for a fight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will argue that yes, DGrainger, many of your comments are of no use and you seem to use this forum as a soapbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattrock1 Have you actually read my comments?  I think not.

Votes

Translate

Translate