• 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community-Einsteiger ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Fehler Behoben Gesperrt
THEMEN
macOS , Windows

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 4 richtige Antworten

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
161 Kommentare
Community-Einsteiger ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Kopiert

I'm glad you acknowledged the reality of feature flags. You've probably heard of A/B testing? Now just consider that real people have control over how these flags are used in production deployments. To label it a conspiracy theory is inappropriate and to use a percentage figure like that is meaningless.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

Adobe isn't doing blind testing on random users. that's ridiculous, a support nightmare, and not likely to return any usable data. hello. I'm a developer too. Nobody does that. Now, they MIGHT do it in pre-release or beta, with documentation, but you haven't even explained how this would be implemented.

Let's lay off the nonsense that doesn't help solve our problem here.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

frontendnerd, conspiracy theories that don't make any sense isn't very helpful to anyone.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

Let me try one more time just to defuse this thing a bit. Please stop using the word conspiracy theory. That's a very loaded term in today's world. Thank you. Random testing is a real world practice. It's called A/B testing. Amazon uses it. Now consider this, which is more preposterous: A cloud product A/B testing an important feature? Or a big corporation that produces what is arguably the most powerful graphics editing tool on the market finding itself somehow unable to write the code to manage a preferences file reliably? 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

"Or a big corporation... finding itself somehow unable to write the code to manage a preferences file reliably?"

==============

Easy for you to say. 😕

Developers have massive time constraints to get new features out by release date.  Failure is not an option.   And while all new features go through rigorous beta testing, sometimes things slip below the radar.  Or upper management says go ahead, we'll take of problems in post-release updates.  Either way, nothing is ever perfect the first time out.  And this is nothing new in the software industry.  It's always been this way for as long as I can remember.  The only things that have changed since the 90's are:

a) frequent release cycles (no more 18 months of waiting between updates),

b) the sophistication of software & complexity of its programming (many, many layers deep),

c) the eagerness of users to immediately jump on new releases and then complain at full volume when those releases don't work as expected.

Loss of hair & sanity can be averted by simply turning off auto updates in CC Desktop app.  Revert to a previous version.   Wait a month or two for bugs to be identified and the incremental updates to roll out.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

I'm laughing too hard... gonna exit this thread. Best wishes fellow Photoshop CC users. Let's hope they figure out how to keep the save to local drive feature working.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Teilnehmer ,

Kopiert

Can someone tell me how to stop following just this thread? This has been resolved ages ago and I'm getting so many notifications. Thank you.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Neu hier ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Kopiert

Adobe, nobody wants to save to Adobe Cloud. We all have our own workflows. Some of us have been using these workflows for decades. Please stop defaulting your products to try and make us save files to your cloud service. It's a huge annoyance and headache. 

If people want to save to your service, they will. But most of us don't. 

You've made thousands and thousands of dollars off of me over the years. Stop making things harder. 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

This topic has been covered in hundreds of posts on this forum. If you do a forum search, you'll find out how to disable cloud saving.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1673987263401.png

You can change the setting under Preferences/File Handling.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

AKTUELL

It is obviously not a bug, it is by design. Whether a given end user agrees with the design is another question. For those that only use desktop platforms, a local computer save is their preference. For those that use both desktop and iPad platforms, the cloud save is obviously preferred.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden