• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Switching tabs doesn't show the correct image

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep running into render issues in the new PS 2020. Here's the most recent example. I loaded a large pano into the first tab then opened a PSD file into the second tab. This second tab should show me a couch and kitchen as indicated by the view in the layers, yet it's showing me the pano from the first tab. This has happened to me dozens of times in past few days.

When I pull the tab out, it then renders the PSD correctly:

Another issue was when I went to restart the computer and had a dozen files open in PS that weren't saved. PS 2020 just closed it all out and skipped the "Do you want to save?" dialog. Just trashed the file progress.

[ ◉"]
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Fixed 21.2 or later

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
Can you please update to 21.2 which was released today? We've made a change on the Photoshop side which should fix this issue. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this problem is still happening, Been happening for years, between different operating systems, between different versions of Adobe Photoshop. Content in tabs stays the same when flipping through them. It's really irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this problem is still happening, Been happening for years, between different operating systems, between different versions of Adobe Photoshop. Content in tabs stays the same when flipping through them. It's really irritating. Perhaps something we've all installed is contributing to this (Font Explorer? Default Folder? Google Chrome?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's independent of this; so far totally unpredictable when it will occur for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having installed 10.15.4, unfortunately this problem still exists. It is very easy to reproduce within 30 minutes of Photoshop use. The workaround is to resize Photoshop. The "Use Graphics Processor" option does not work either. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same for me, updating does not fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It happens multiple times a day for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this issue too. Started just a couple of weeks ago. macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Photoshop 21.1.1 Release. I'm editing a photo on one tab and can't open a photo on another tab. 16GB RAM. I get around it, as others have mentioned, by restarting Photoshop or the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue in 10.15.4. Updated to 10.15.5 today after installing all updates for Photoshop/CC – after restarting and then working in Photoshop on only two files for another 30 minutes the problem is back. I have to restart PS to get it fixed but it's only temporary. Resizing the PS app window fixes nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear this wasn't resolved with the OS update. Does moving the application frame stop this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. No, moving the app frame doesn't fix it. I also tried maximizing the window, the reverse, and nothing. I have to shut down PS and reopen my files again but the problem just keeps coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce this issue currently, but when I did if I undocked the tab from the application frame I would see the selected image. Does this work for you, does it not, or is it not an acceptable workaround for your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you resize Photoshop it helps but the repro rate is high and very annoying. Somewhere this issue has crept in with the CC versions. The other issue is that saving is also affected if the image is not refreshed correctly which is far more dangerous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon or Greg,

What happens if you grab the tab on the not-visible image and pull it out of the application frame (un-dock it). Does it appear for you? I'm not seeing the behavior so it's hard to test this.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Hannah. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue again as I'm not working in PS near as much as I was earlier this week. I'll try that next time it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does correct it. Resizing photoshop helps to refresh it too. As a side, the layers section also doesnt update either. It's like a rendering/update issue. It happened again today and occured by just opening a new PSD so nothing out of the ordinary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last question, if you're in this state, does simply dragging the application window by the title bar cause it to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeff I can confirm that works as well. Just been working with the Photoshop and dragging the app window resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Janos, we have a change that we're planning for the next update which should help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question though: will those of us who don't have the latest OS just be out of luck? I have a rather loaded / expensive Apple machine, but I bought if a few years ago, and I've been advised not to update to the latest versions on this machine, as Apple doesn't support the newer OS's on the older machines. Basically just out of luck on this issue till I buy a new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the fix we have will help macOS in general, not just Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect; good to hear; thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please update to 21.2 which was released today? We've made a change on the Photoshop side which should fix this issue. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated, however this causes a new issues of when moving layers.
When I move a layer it moves fine but leaves an imprint of the previous position. This happens with all layers moved, and sometimes doesn't catch up with the movement and stays there. Because of this I went back to the previous release of Photoshop. 

Are you aware of this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I look forward to updating. So far the 21.2 update doesn't show up, but I'll look for it. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate