• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Switching tabs doesn't show the correct image

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep running into render issues in the new PS 2020. Here's the most recent example. I loaded a large pano into the first tab then opened a PSD file into the second tab. This second tab should show me a couch and kitchen as indicated by the view in the layers, yet it's showing me the pano from the first tab. This has happened to me dozens of times in past few days.

When I pull the tab out, it then renders the PSD correctly:

Another issue was when I went to restart the computer and had a dozen files open in PS that weren't saved. PS 2020 just closed it all out and skipped the "Do you want to save?" dialog. Just trashed the file progress.

[ ◉"]
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Fixed 21.2 or later

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
Can you please update to 21.2 which was released today? We've made a change on the Photoshop side which should fix this issue. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose Help > Check for Updates... in the CC Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That issue is abated by unchecking "Legacy Compositing" under preferences > performance... https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-2-moving-layer-leaves-shadow-ima...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeffrey! Updated Photoshop to 21.2. Will post here if tab issues reemerge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say this, but unfortunately it's still happening for me with 21.2. Only had it a few days and it's happened more than once. Not quite out of the woods yet! (Though I will say, this is more of just an annoyance than anything)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the canvas turning black or grey for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing worse behavior now. I'm experiencing persistent images within layers. If I edit text, all of a sudden it looks like I have a duplicate layer of identical text below that I'm overtyping. I also see ghost images when I move layers. 
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on 21.2 Windows 10 and this is happening to me. A few images open and I cant switch back to my primary image. Please can you guys get a fix for this. Im going to try and install the earliest version CC lets me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... maybe I responded to the wrong thread? I am referring to the main issue in this thread (the switching tabs issue). If that's what you mean, then I'll just say that it usually works like this: I have a doc open in a tab; I then open a new doc; the new tab shows the exact same image I had up in the previous tab (same when I switch between tabs). When I start to close all tabs, yes, subsequent tabs after the first will show up as a gray (ie, no canvas showing). Is that what you were asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, That's sounds like a different issue that being worked on with Artboards: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/a-problem-on-the-latest-photoshop-21-2-blank-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue on this thread was a macOS issue. Your issue sounds more like a GPU problem on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh right. There is nothing in the first post or the title to say this is a Mac OS issue. I just think most people in this thread are using Macs. I was just pointing out the same behaviour is happening in windows so it would appear to be non OS specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; to clarify: I'm not referring to the Artboards issue. I'm referring to the switching tabs issue. The issue you linked here (Artboards) doesn't sound like anything I've dealt with (thankfully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tevan, 

Do you still have tab issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think it's been OK so far in Photoshop, so thank you to the Adobe engineers and devs. But it also happens in Illustrator similar/same thing with disappearing windows, and it has been a widespread thing with all Adobe products. I've made a screen recording and posted it here. https://youtu.be/DaZESk4lcqc

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this issue has been fixed for me this year but now it's my colleague's turn with a newer iMac to have the same tab and disappearing panels problem. He has never experienced the problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this will be fixed in the next AI update. The engineer mentioned he had worked on the fix with one of the AI or ID guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeffrey and Yu! Since updating to Photoshop 21.2, despite having many tabs open in Photoshop, I haven't had any issues with switching tabs. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed 21.2 or later

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate