• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to select a color swatch in the color picker when text is highlighted

Mentor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a text LAYER is selected and you enter the color picker, you are able to select a text color from the Swatches panel. But if some text is HIGHLIGHTED and you enter the color picker, you are unable to select a text color from the Swatches panel; the computer just beeps at you. There's no reason this shouldn't work. It used to work in previous versions of Photoshop.

I am aware that, if you have some text highlighted, you can change the color of the text by clicking on a color swatch without entering the color picker. This is nice, but it should not be the only way to change the color of selected text.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Hi Kris, Sorry, I've confirmed the behavior changed between 2019 and 2020 releases. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color picking has been very counter intuitive in multiple Adobe Applications for years. Multiple types of color pickers in After FX for instance. I'm guessing they have a workflow in mind that heavily utilises the color swatch panel. For instance, you can quickly change text color by selecting the text and then click the color in the swatch panel. However, like you, I more often find myself clicking the color in bottom left and trying to then color pick a swatch. To me it would make more sense to be able to:

• color pick any color on your screen using the color picker, or at least within PS.
  • open a list with swatches within the color picker similar to the Spot Color lists
  • choose a color from your CC libraries from within the color picker window similar to the Spot Color lists
  • changing gradient colors by selecting the gradient point and click a swatch color. Now I have to double click it to open the color picker window, and then eyedrop the color from the swatches (in this case it does work!)

Please Adobe, make these behaviours more consistent and easier to work with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like this has raised it head again in the latest update...at least it has for me. Not just when partially seletcing text (specific words or letter) but even with the entire line or paragraph selected the swatches and colour picker do not apply colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate