• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: When exporting, hidden Clipping Mask Adjustment is exported too

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a layer ("Layer 1") with an adjustment (using clipping mask) ("Adjustment 1"), which I hid - and that greys out the "eye" of that adjustment and does not affect any layers beneath Layer 1.
However, under that layer is another layer ("Layer 2") which I decided to export. However when I exported it, the "Adjustment 1" seemed to have affected "Layer 2", even though its technically hidden.

Hopefully you can reproduce this. I believe it is a bug, and I am just reporting it - I hope I am in the right place.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

*peteharvey89

This is a bug in our older version of Export As. We are updating it to a new version soon but you can enable it now for a better experience . Simply go to Preferences > Technology Previews and check the  "Enable Optimized Export As" option. You should see the expected behavior from this point on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, are you using File > Export As... or Generator to export the asset? (Please provide exact steps you are using to export)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export As...
The image type is JPEG; Size 1x; No suffix; Quality 100%; No metadata; Convert to sRGB is on.

Forgot to say the version I am using is the latest CC.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce your issue and submitted it for fix.  

In the meantime (temporary solution), to work around this issue, turn off the visibility for the adjustment layer first to hide it and then turn off the visibility of the layer it’s clipped to.  

Technically the Adjustment layer is still has visibility turned on but it isn’t visible on screen because the layer it's clipped to is not visible.  Regardless, it shouldn’t show up in export being applied to the next layer in the stack.  We have been working on making Export better with respect to clipping but still have more kinks to work out (like this one).  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offtopic: Simillar bug is in script "Delete All Empty Layers" If hidden empty layer/folder is deleted then clipped layer is visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has started happening for me today. Haven't experienced it before today so maybe a settings thing. Screenshot attached. Closed, updated and re-opened PS but issue occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*peteharvey89

This is a bug in our older version of Export As. We are updating it to a new version soon but you can enable it now for a better experience . Simply go to Preferences > Technology Previews and check the  "Enable Optimized Export As" option. You should see the expected behavior from this point on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@brett_n  thanks for getting back to me on that. Worked a treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate