• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Win/macOS) PS 25.11 Mixer brush swatch in brush options is no longer transparent

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to PS version 25.11 today.  When I now use the mixer brush, the normally transparent swatch in the options bar is no longer transparent, even when the brush is set to clean.  It shows colors and patterns from the image which it never did before.  I uses the mixer brush to mix paint already on the canvas and not adding color during mixer brush use.  This is a new thing.  The brush appears to be working correctly but not sure why the box is showing color and pixels.  I am on an iMac 2019 running Sonoma 14.5.

When I open PS 2023, the problem does not occur.

{Designated thread as primary}

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

We believe this issue has been fixed in the Photoshop Beta as of today; if you use Beta, can you give it a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Hey All, we merged a fix for this issue today! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Hi all! Thanks for sharing the details

We've informed the team about this. Please upvote the thread from the top.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, its driving me nuts 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem...updated 2024 mac studio with PS 25.11...now mixer brush loaded color icon at top doesnt show color i chose from color picker...also i had a working shortcut to turn off and on the paint used in the mixer brush and now the shortcut wont respond at at...even restarted Photoshop...tried a different shortcut in Edit..Shortcuts under both mixer brush auto load choice and tried the Load brush choice...nothing working...very very very aggravating and hard to work!!! please update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem .. whats the fix ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is affecting both the performance of mixer brushes (less responsive and generally strange behaviour) and the paint colours do not appear in the colour box - it either displays these gridlines or a garish pink colour. I am reluctant to roll back to the previous version of Photoshop and wonder if there is a workaround or if Adobe is going to fix this problem?

brush view.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 25.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there are issues

if you use the mixer brush tool as the paint colours do not show up and the brushes do not respond as well as before. I have asked a question in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sameer, I hope Adobe will look into the mixer brush problem without delay. Although you might not think it's a blocking issue, there are many digital artists that rely on the mixer brushes for our work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fishbat  Thankyou. Just a relative newbie so not using that part of Photoshop yet,Only editing photos at the moment.

Many thanks though for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem..the color swatch icon doesnt show color  chosen..plus the shortcut to turn the paint off/on again doesnt work at all..driving me nuts..every stroke with mixer brush i have to go up to menu and physcially turn off/on paint plus cant even see what color i am painting with when paint is ON/loaded in the Icon window.....really hard to paint this way super slow and not accurate! please please fix this!! my OS on my new mac is all up to date as well!  in the shortcuts i still see N which is the shortcut ive used for months to conveniently control paint loaded or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Thanks for sharing the details

We've informed the team about this. Please upvote the thread from the top.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well (Mac Sonoma OS), and it makes using mixer brushes in PS 2024 impossible. The problem began in Beta several iterations ago, and now it shows up in the latest iteration of 2024. I have reverted back to 2023 because mixer brushes are necessary for my work. Some other users I know have reported that Adobe experts were able to fix their individual PS2024 by making remote adjustments in library prefs files. It would be helpful if that information could be tracked down and shared with others of us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue corrupted mixer brush paint icon as show in main posting about this bug....I also cannot turn paint color off or on using the prior shortcut i had used for last couple years...I set up a new short cut restarted tried everything else i could think of but NO shortcut will help me do this...very very inconvenient to turn paint off/on by clicking the box at the mixer brush settings top menu !  Hope this gets fixed soon...really slows down my work! thanks for your help Adobe@@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem; however, rather than clicking on the auto-clean and auto-fille brushes in the Mixer Brush HUD, I tried to assign a Shortcut Key. The Shortcut Keys are in place but do not work. I have to go back to build 25.1 for that to work. Additionally, holding down Alt/Option and then clicking on a color places the color as the background color rather than the foreground color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an entire group of students that work with the Mixer Brush daily and this is a HUGE problem !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be much appreciated if Adobe could work out a solution to this problem in the near future. There are many of us who rely on mixer brushes for our creations and it is very disappointing that our basic tool no longer works the way it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000138615.jpg

its not selecting any colours and that colour picker layer is not looking normal what should i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a growing number of us waiting for Adobe to do something about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I have an issue with mixt-brush. This tool do not want to work properly. When I am choosing just brush it works perfect with eydropper. But if I choose mixt-brush eydropper is inactive. The photoshop automatically choose just Stamp and that's all. Please see the video uploaded. Do you have any :light_bulb: ideas? Please help...:(

thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's working exactly as expected. The mixer brush doesn't sample colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue today. Downgrading to 25.9.1 is my workaround for now. This seems to be the same issue as the one reported here, which is the thread I found first: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/mixer-brush-is-not-useable-with-latest-updat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after this weeks photoshop update I am still having the problem of the Mixer Brush...cant use any shortcut to turn paint off and on while working!!!!!! very very very annoying...also corrupt icon showing the color chosen with color picker...lines and garbage in it instead!!!  PLEASE fix this ADobE!!! you are the master app for ARTISTS...we need this function back...this latest updat this month(september ) has NOT fixed anything...it happened on the previous regular update !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree with all the comments posted and would like to add to the plea: PLEASE fix this problem soon Adobe! Personally, I shall not update until I am absolutely sure that the mixer brushes work properly again. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing a bug with the mixer brush tool after upgrading to the latest version of photoshop (25.12.0). I cannot select "Clean brush" in the dropdown menu, and the graphic that appears in the box is glitched out. I need this tool for retouching work, and it worked perfectly fine up until the moment I updated the app. 2 screenshots are attached showing the box with the glitched out graphics. No matter what I do I cannot select "clean brush" from that menu

iMac 2019 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.6.1

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

32 GB RAM

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All, we merged a fix for this issue today! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where/when can we access the "fix"? referenced in mbhola's post (adobe employee) below?

Votes

Translate

Translate