• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Zoom and Pan performance is poor since a couple years.

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this problem, I think for years before I'm finally mentioning it.  Basically, a couple years ago, Photoshop developed a slight delay when I begin to zoom, or pan.  It's very slight.  Maybe most people wouldn't worry about it but here is the problem that it causes.  When doing things like digital painting, I'm working very quickly. I pan, paint, zoom, paint, rotate screen, paint, pan, erase, etc.  All of this with a great fluidity, as long as the system is keeping up.  In Photoshop, I paint, pan....it didn't actually pan but I went ahead and painted a stroke. There's a pause as Photoshop thinks, or tries to catch up then suddenly it makes a paint stroke, but it missed the pan movement.  I zoom then paint but it skipped the zoom and makes a paint stroke in the wrong place.  It missed the rotate and caught up with the erase so it erased in the wrong place.  The cure for all of this for me has been to actually work more slowly in Photoshop to allow it to keep up!  The other thing I began to do was to not use Photoshop for this work.  I instead began to use Clip Studio Paint which is just wonderfully responsive.  There's none of this kind of trouble in Clip Studio Paint or other software for that matter.  Also, Illustrator's zoom and pan are much more responsive.  Photoshop has a problem and I wonder if Adobe understands that it's a big enough problem to actually resolve it.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue. very laggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I downgraded to 23.2 but still laggy. 
This is driving me crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@juancasini  i post about this. and Adobe said, many customers reporting similar like this issues.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-23-3-is-slow-and-heavy/idc-p/12906...

You can downgrade. 23.2 is no good.

21.0.3(stable, and not bad..) or more older version....

Votes

Translate

Translate