Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Zoom/Pan and selection tools freaking out

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone else is having similar issues and haven't been able to find anything. 

When I try to zoom or pan around an image the screen freaks out and seems to be flickering back and forth between incredibly zoomed in or out. It's almost impossible to work with and the only thing that seems to resolve it is restarting the program and hoping to get a decent amount of work done before it happens again.

It also seems to be affecting the selection tools, as clicking once with the lasso creates a wild spiderweb of a selection as if the cursor is being dragged all over the screen. This also happens with quick selection, and as far as I can tell any other selection tools. I've attached a screenshot of what happens when I click once with the lasso tool.

I've tried this with "Use Graphics Processor" checked on and off and there's no difference. I also tried enabling and disabling scrubby zoom and animated zoom. 

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Tristan

{Title edited by moderator - PS-71236}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the MAX 2021 release of Photoshop 23.0. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with a standard mouse or trackpad? or with a wacom or stylus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with both a standard mouse and a wacom intuos pro. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also for reference, I'm running Windows 10 Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 and PS Version 22.5. Just checked to make sure my Wacom drivers are up to date and they are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Engineering is investigating this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks! If I can narrow down any specific tasks that trigger it I'll post them here. So far it seems to be completely at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a bug when I'm using the Lasso Tool and then use the hand tool at the same time to move the view and when I release it, it adds a selected area.

{Edited the thread title}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would try resetting your preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Also look at trouble shooting:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html 

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens here on windows 10 and photoshop 22.5.1

(doesn't happen in older photoshop versions)

A definite bug i would say

Seems okay on the mac side running macOS Mojave and photoshop 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Let me log a bug for the product team. @Jeff Arola Is it working fine on Photoshop 22.5?

Regards,

Mohit

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the MAX 2021 release of Photoshop 23.0. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using release 24.0 and I still get this problem now and then.

The only way to get free is to restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tuomoj17494121 since this thread shows as fixed and is over two years old, please start a new thread so we can look into your issue based on the latest Ps version and all the updates since.

Votes

Translate

Translate