• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

150% UI Scaling Option for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been trying to get some feedback from the guys at Adobe regarding this, but seems like no one has seen or heard this pleas. I'm currently using a Surface Pro 3 to work on Photoshop, and while I really appreciate the fact that Adobe introduced the 200% scaling option, it's really too big to do anything productively. It's definitely usable, but is it the best scaling? I would really hope 150% scaling option to be added as well. So we could toggle between it base on our preference.

What do you guys think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

The way this is supposed to work now, is that Photoshop UI scaling automatically follows the Windows setting, in 25% increments.

The crucial point is that the image window itself maintains independent scaling, so that 100% still means one image pixel represented by exactly one screen pixel. This is what's new, and this is what has been difficult to implement before. This is what took so long.

Note that this requires Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and it does not work on Windows 7 or 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 323 Replies 323
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hack had no affect for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K screen user here.
I need the fix. 200% is too big, 100% is too small. Different options would be nice too. 125, 150, 175 etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also struggling with the UI scaling, particularly on a 4k monitor. So many Adobe products incorporate a slider or incremental ability, would this too difficult to install for users employing different screen size/resolution?  I love the additional relative space at 100%, but as we know the tools and palettes become so tiny they are difficult to use at 200%. My guess for me might be 150-175%. In PS this would be an embraced addition, but many Adobe products would benefit users directly and quickly with this option. So...please?  I did say please   I know I would welcome that addition and be grateful for it!  Thx...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3440x1440 here. 100% is way to small, 200% is way to big. Don't know why it is difficult to provide more options such as 150%, 175% or even customize percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't pretend to know why it is difficult, but let's just assume that it is a non-trivial change. The more "Like" votes up at the top, the more likely it is to be a priority. So just keep getting people to vote up at the top and we should see some attention given to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here.
100% too small

200% too big...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...100% is way to small, 200% is way to big. Can't work like this! Please Adobe - provide more options such as 150%, 175% or even customize percentage so we can actually use Photoshop with new technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Please add 150% UI option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, 100% to small, 200 to big!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year past the original post and I'm still looking for a solution.

I don't use normal Windows Scaling and would like to scale the program. But 200% - even on my UHD display - looks ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree that we need 125% and 150%. I have a 1920 x 1080 display on my Windows laptop, and using PS on the 100% (or auto) scaling setting is difficult as the UI is so small. But 200% is way too big. I don't want to use the registry hack because I sometimes plug in a 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor.

Illustrator looks great of course. Photoshop and Bridge make it very hard to work. Please add more scaling options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem. I understand it is a hard thing to fix but in the past year you managed to raise my prices and not implement any reasonable requests such as 150% scaling. In that time you could have overhauled the UI system. All my other programs manage to scale correctly. Photoshop is the only one that doesn't. This has gone on far too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insane. Not only is 150% necessary, consider that many of us use more than one display and many, especially laptop users, might have one Hi-DPI display and one standard display. I happen to have two 24" displays, one 4k and one HD.

Only allowing us to set one of the other is a joke. Here's my setup at 100%:

ps cc 100.jpg

Not too bad, but really hard to see what's going on on the 4k display. Here's 200%:

ps cc 200.jpg

Seriously, a 24" display at 1920x1200 that can barely hold the tool palette. The screenshots don't do it justice, it's really rather amusing. From a creative / content development company at that. Even better is it seems all of Adobe's products are diverging from a UI perspective. Premiere works just fine with this setup:

pr.jpg

Illustrator works pretty well, too:

ai.jpg

But Photoshop, Adobe's bread and butter? Nope. And they've had plenty of time to take care of it, too.

What's up, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind, people suggesting the regedit that the registry edit isn't a perfect fix. I have been using it for a year and a half and it's great and all but it is just stretching a lower resolution image. It's workable but isn't really doing our displays justice.

It's been years since high resolution displays started becoming prominent. When does a feature request start just being a bug?

Any progress, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Where is 150%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it's pointless for me to throw in my vote of frustration here since this thread is more than a year old and no response from Adobe has appeared. But I use a 4K display and a Wacom cintiq with 1920x1080. i need to state that every program I have works fine excet photoshop!!! (Which is my main tool)

i like to use both displays for work. The cintiq when I draw and the 4K screen when I do more technical stuff. if I set the UI scaling to 200% the ui becomes too big on my cintiq and some of the menus goes outside the screen and with 100% it becomes too small on my 4K display. the auto setting doesn't seem to do anything at all! i hoped if I did mirror display it would change based on screen resolution so that when I use my cintiq and mirror and both monitors become 1920x1080 photoshop would automatically revert the UI scaling but no!! So now I'm stuck to only work on the cintiqand not use photoshop at all on my 4K display. Seriously adobe after 1 year+ is this the best you can do? Have you tested the use cases with the UI scaling? With this feature working so bad you would be better if just let Windows do the scaling for you.     ...please Adobe, respond to this thread and please improve this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, fix this please. We need 150. 100 is tiny and 200 is huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think Adobe is even reading these posts, because there's not a single response from them in this thread and the problem has been going on for a long time. I advise you to please post on the Bug report Community Support too, since it might be a bigger chance that Adobe will listen. They have ignored my posts so far, but perhaps if more people complaint there they do something about it.
Post a new thread or reply to mine:
Photoshop: UI scaling (Auto) is not working properly | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for %125, %150 and %175 scaling. This shouldn't be that hard right Adobe? In the end, you guys are the creators of the best creative apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES 100% is WAY too small, and 200% is WAY too big! Some dialog windows don't even fit on the screen at 200% PLEASE give us 150% Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI works just fine, but PS? I vote for adding 150%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely Agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its almost 2017 now any of you adobe guys want to actually help with this? Hi Def scaling looks absolutely horrible on my monitor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe... It's almost 2017 and we live in a world with many different screen sizes, resolutions, and DPIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines