• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

19.1.1 Camera Raw incompatible

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So updated from 18 back to 19.1.1 after hearing the pen tool crash was fixed.  Now the camera raw filter doesn't work.  Says incompatible with this version of Photoshop?  Is an update for that pending or have I missed something?

Seriously fed up of switching versions right now, one thing fixed, another problem introduced.  CC is turning into a disaster right now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Adobe just released a 10.2.1 camera raw for windows to fix this bug.

You can get the 10.2.1 camera raw installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-not-compatible-this-version-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 146 Replies 146
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... same here

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys update to Camera Raw 10.2 that has just been released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png
appears so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

snap!Screenshot_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open .CR2 files to ACR and open them in Photoshop. I am then able to use Camera RAW filter on the background layer, and also a copy of the background layer and any other layers I create.  In fact I am then able to create a new document, and use Camera RAW on all layers in that document.  But if I restart Photoshop, and create a new document and give it some content, it's back to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be able to open RAW files from within an already open Photoshop, but I can 'Open With' from File Explorer, and Camera RAW then works OK until I restart Photoshop.  Then it's back to this

'

OK a small change now.  I can now open that previously opened .CR2 file from the Start workspace, and like before, new documents then behave OK.  But here again, if I open Photoshop and start a new document, I get the error message with Camera RAW.

I'm done for today, so hope to see some answers in the morning (for me).  Let's get some more bug hunters on the case 🙂

JJMack

Terri Stevens

davescm

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 1600x1200 displays and a 4K display Windows 10 CC  2018 19.1.1 ACR seems fine on my 4K Display

ACR.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error with windows 10 and 19.1.1 and camera raw 10.2, but not on the mac side running macOS 10.11.6, photoshop 19.1.1 and camera raw 10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issue with ACR, latest version.

Jeff, what steps to you take to get the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically if i open an camera raw file just after starting photoshop, then the camera raw filter works fine, but if i just open photoshop and open a normal file like a jpeg (non raw file without going through camera raw) then the camera raw filter produces that error and then even actual camera raw files no longer open using File>Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same solution TNX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange I've tried everything and still can't get the error to show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something strange here.

Before I downloaded anything - the CC desktop app said there were updates available to Photoshop and Camera Raw.

I checked the versions before downloading anything. Photoshop was at 19.1.0 and camera raw was at 10.2.0.894.

I updated Photoshop to 19.1.1 and the update camera raw notification had gone. However Camera Raw had not been updated. It is still at 10.2.0.894 and the Camera Raw .8bi file is still the file I installed in January.  It seems to work without issues. I wonder if the ACR update has been pulled?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is strange

If you look at this thread same ACR error for the OP and they have same version as me.

camera raw error after update

I just can't reproduce the error that others are getting, I assume yours is working fine the same as mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, are you back from your trip?  Have you heard from Caroline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor

Yep just arrived back on Sunday, no haven't heard from Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ged2016  wrote

If you look at this thread same ACR error for the OP and they have same version as me.

I just can't reproduce the error that others are getting, I assume yours is working fine the same as mine

Yes - working without issues here. Has anyone with the issue tried a preference reset?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  schrieb

ged2016   wrote

Yes - working without issues here. Has anyone with the issue tried a preference reset?

Dave

the only time the filter wokrs is when i first load a RAW file.... when the camera raw dialog has opend once i can use the filter during a photoshop session.

but when i open photoshop, load a file and then want to use the camera raw filter i get the same error as the others.

adobe at it´s best again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I cannot reproduce that here. Have you tried a preference reset?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  schrieb

Hi

I cannot reproduce that here. Have you tried a preference reset?

Dave

yes.... does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm​ also tried here, and does not fix either, only opening & closing preferences for camera raw filter on start with no file open allows me to use it for that session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok strange, its now working... (for now)

All I did was go into preferences > camera raw filter, changed no settings, closed it and now its working?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jonny+Shaw  schrieb

ok strange, its now working... (for now)

All I did was go into preferences > camera raw filter, changed no settings, closed it and now its working?

Screenshot_1.jpg

start photoshop again.. will not work than (at least here).

like with my "load raw files first" it only works for ONE session. once you closed PS you have to go to the camera preferences AGAIN first, then you can use the filter during a session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok narrowed this down I think.  I restarted Photoshop after it was working, opened the same file and tried directly opening camera raw filter again with ctrl shift a on a layer - same happens with selecting via the filter menus - the error was back.  Also then going to preferences > camera raw filter would produce the error...

however restarted again, and before opening the file went to preferences > camera raw filter, dialog opens, closed it, opened the file again and works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines