• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2-Up display with different layers

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the 2-Up display with different layers selected for each window?

I am working on a lower layer on the left window, so the upper layers are invisible. Can I make the right window display the final product with all layers visible?

Is this possible?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as long as you use: Window > Arrange > New Window for [document name]

Then change to 2-up... You can then adjust the zoom and pan of the other window to suit, whatever you do in the first window will then be reflected in the second window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean.  Can you show us a screenshot of what you're doing?

Window > Arrange > 2 Up is for displaying more than one file side-by-side or vertically stacked.  You cannot open the same file more than once.

You can disable/enable layer visibility on either file by selecting its panel and clicking on eyeball icons in its respective Layers panel.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care about zoom.

I'm using blending on a few different layers but I need to make changes and then turn on all the layers to see the results.

I wanted one window to be my editing window where I can turn layers off and mess around in lower layers but have the second display show me the final product.

Kind of like a preview display when you use a filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a smart object of all the layers.

Edit the smart object, which will open up a new window for the .psb file.

Use your desired 2-up view arrangement.

You can turn layers on and off etc. in the SO PSB doc, the original doc will show the previous state before you opened the SO for editing. It will only update the preview after you save/close the PSB file, it isn't live as the previous method was...

PSB.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option could be to create a new doc the same size/resoluiton/mode etc. as the layered doc.

Then place the layered doc as a linked smart object.

Use the 2up view.

As you turn layers on/off or change blend modes, you will need to save to update the preview in the doc that uses the linked file that you are working on.

This way the "preview" doc is updated without having to close the working file.

If none of these three suggestions are what you are looking for, then I hope somebody else has an idea... We can only work within the framework provided by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines