• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Menus greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2019.  When I choose edit in Photoshop from Lightroom all the items in Photoshop under every menu are greyed out.  I first thought it was an image mode type issue but that is greyed out also.  All default external editor settings in Lightroom.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, is this the fastest you can make it? I wasted a lot of time updating to 2019 (even during these dates I have to work), then wasted a lot of time trying to workaround this issue while my deadlines come to an end. Then I went back to 2018 and finished what I had to finish... And the cool things PS 2019 introduced? I may as well use Affinity Photo which introduced these "awesome" features (without the bugs) a year ago.

Sorry, I'm somewhat disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did to workaround is:

Open RAW image in Lightroom, then Edit in Photoshop, when opens just close the file without saving, finally go to Lightroom and open the image with Edit in Photoshop again.

Alternatively, start Photoshop before sending files to it from Bridge or Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weak. Went back to version v19.1.7. Wasted too much time trying to troubleshoot already.

Using Windows 10, don't use Lightroom nor have it installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is making rapid small updates.  This is generally good, but their QA needs to keep up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading the threads and finding the update log for January, it seems that they think they fixed it, but mine is worse than ever. Is this an issue for anyone else currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you could be specific, instead of "worse than ever". What is worse than ever?

This thread is about the "Edit in PS" from Lightroom bug, and that is by all reports so far fixed. If not, you're the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I was referring to the original question. Before the update, I could use the menus for a time after opening photoshop through lightroom, and then they would lock after so long, or after performing something. But now it opens greyed out instantly.

The only fix is to open photoshop first, as the threads state, but that's not really a solution that is fair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the only one. This is fixed for everybody else (and believe me, there were a lot of them).

Are you sure you have the 20.0.2 update? We are talking about opening files from Lightroom, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new PS file and set the color mode to less than 32 bit. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soo cool for contacting us about the best 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines