Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2D to 3D

Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm looking for the above, to take a facial photo front view or profile or both same person! and make a 3D i.e. head and shoulders creating an file to take to Blender to modify. I've looked to Avitar SDK which seems great but expensive

Screenshot 2022-04-09 085115.jpg

What's the best approach in Adobe ?

(not looking for animation.)

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Hi, you need a 3d application that is not in the Adobe family or use sculpt in blender...regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you need a 3d application that is not in the Adobe family or use sculpt in blender...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are waisting your time trying to do 3D workflows with Adobe but what you ask can be done with crazytalk... reallusion are the people making Iclone and they are the standard but Windows systems only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said in the question, I'm not interested in animation, these you recommend, Crazytalk and Talking Heads are based on people wanting that, I don't need anything that sophisicated. Thx regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either use those two reference photos in Blender set to the front and side views and start modelling, switching between the two as you position each face.

If you want software to produce a 3D model directly from a series of photos (you will need much more than two) then take a look at photogrammetry software such as Meshroom https://alicevision.org/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave thank you. I had a go with FaceBuilder in Blender about a year ago and left it there.

I think I missunderstood the new 3D in PS 

I have other ideas for 3D from photos with different views as you say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I missunderstood the new 3D in PS 

By @Deleted User

There is no new 3D in Photoshop. Quite the opposite, the old 3D functionality is being removed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have a flawed understanding of 3D workflows because the photo images you have can be used to generate a texture not a true model i.e, you make a 2D image of that face which looks 3D when wrapped around a human bust model

you can use crazytalk to make the texture then wrap in character creater for iclone or 3Dwrap for Fuse... anyway good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines