• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

action opens dialog box without modal included

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop actions started acting weird. in grayscale mode, It stops to open a dialog box. This should happen only when there is a modal included at this particular step of the action.  This issue is apparent only with grayscale images. In RGB mode the action works as it should. Why is this happening? It used to be working fine before. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it showing a custom preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because I set a specific value in the level adjustment dialog box and recorded it as an action step. When I play the action the dialog box shouldn't open up. action issue.JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the dialog will open if you have to make adjustments. An action saves state but if that state is not available then you either get an error or a dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't want to make any adjustments. I recorded the adjustments in the action and I want the action to play it without me interfering. And why the state is not available? if I manage to record it, where does it go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have custom settings. You'll need to re-record this step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain, I really don't understand what you mean. Also can you please explain why the "custom settings" thing is not an issue in RGB mode, the action works just fine? please watch the screen video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences . This shouldn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, did not work, I re-installed photoshop, it did not work, i think it is a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Photoshop?
Could you show which channels are in your "gray" file?
Or better yet, attach the original here.
It confuses me that you have “gray channel” recorded into your Action.
I can only have "current channel" or "black channel" (PS CS6 or PS CC2020)
When playing back and trying to correct a non-existent channel,
a dialog will appear, regardless of the state of the show dialog checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't matter what photo I am working on...as long as it is in grayscale mode. It can be any photo. It can be any channel. I had done this task many times before, and it worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.9.0 20240516.r.573 296f739 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.9.0 20240516.r.573 296f739 x64

By @Monstrik
I don't have this version of Photoshop, so I can neither confirm nor deny.
If you want this fixed, create a bug-report .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But can you record such action on your version of Photoshop? also, does it play without stopping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything works fine for me. And I also said that I am recording a different channel, not the same as yours. I think this is the reason. Perhaps someone who has the same version can confirm the behavior like yours. If yes, then this is definitely a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check how the Action recorded using my Photoshop works for you.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/ZPDLn5PNcaaL-Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@r-bin 

Your action works fine for me!

Your action targets the "current channel", while the OP's action was targeting "gray channel".

That being said, I can reproduce the issue when recording the action in Ps 2024 (25.9.1).

There are now 2 posts on this topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/no-modal-control-is-included-but-the-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines