• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add PNG to Image Processor

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of our images need to be exported to transparant PNG's for the websites of our customers. Please Adobe, is it possible to add PNG to the Image Processor in addition to the current JPG, PSD and TIFF options. It would make my day (maybe my year 🙂 ).  To be clear, I'm talking about the Image Processor accessible from Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Image processor. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

It's fixed in the new Adobe Bridge!

Thank you Adobe. The new Export To function in Bridge is exactly what I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timovanhilst 

Attached is a version that uses Export > Save for Web (Legacy) rather than Save.

I haven't set any explicit indexed colour conversion options, so it uses whatever is set as the default.

After downloading the file, change the filename extension from .txt to .jsx (as the forum software doesn't allow .jsx or .zip uploads).

I didn't add an option to use either PNG-24 or PNG-8, this script always uses PNG-8. The previously linked original modification by the late Mike Hale should be used for PNG-24.

2024-03-29_11-29-21.png

EDIT: I have now removed the redundant Interlace checkbox and uploaded new code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You are a legend!
is still possible with the settings to do it so that it overwrites the existing files in the directory structure?
Because now I get an additional folder PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't changed the basic operation of the original script. If you select save in same location then an output folder is created.

If you use the select folder option and keep folder structure (as per my screenshot) then the file is saved next to the original with no additional folder created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@timovanhilst 

Yet another option if you download Image Processor Pro and change line 7011 from false to true in the Image Processor Pro.jsx script file:

ImageProcessor.PNG8 = true;

Then when you save PNG with the Save for Web checkbox active, the resulting PNG file will be indexed color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines