• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add PNG to Image Processor

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of our images need to be exported to transparant PNG's for the websites of our customers. Please Adobe, is it possible to add PNG to the Image Processor in addition to the current JPG, PSD and TIFF options. It would make my day (maybe my year 🙂 ).  To be clear, I'm talking about the Image Processor accessible from Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Image processor. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

It's fixed in the new Adobe Bridge!

Thank you Adobe. The new Export To function in Bridge is exactly what I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can raise a feature request at the link below , where it will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, done that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like that's Windows only, I'm on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its cross-platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the Image Processor Pro... from the Web. It is a free Photoshop Plug-in once installed you can use it from Bridge menu Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor Pro... and from Photoshop menu File>Automate>Image Processor Pro...   It support more File Types and can save more output files then the Photoshop Script Image Processor...

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this does look like it's Windows. There doesn't seem to be a Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this one. It work fine on Mac, you should just follow the instruction.

https://photoshopscaresme.com/new-version-russell-browns-image-processor-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Image Processor Pro from the web its much better

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed in the new Adobe Bridge!

Thank you Adobe. The new Export To function in Bridge is exactly what I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new solve Export To is great, but it's slow as hell. 

Image processor pro still works great as of CC 2022

Install how to is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/image-processor-pro-not-available-in-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where should I be able to find this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie dag, I guess this is meant by export to in Bridge: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/export-panel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer
I tried using this
And it works very well there's just something strange that when I want to go to PNG 8 bit it keeps it at 24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a tools that can bring pngs from 24 to 8 and keep the folder structure.
This is data from a website and I want to be able to overwrite the structure at once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timovanhilst 

I'll update the code from the late Mike Hale's script to use PNG-8... However, I need to know what indexed colour conversion options are required? Please post a screenshot, similar to below.

2024-03-28_22-50-40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timovanhilst 

The only one of these listed tools that currently saves into PNG-8 is:

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/photoshop/batch-multi-save

2024-03-28_23-47-35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had used the one you sent a screenshot of and it worked great.
Only problem was that it does the save PNG in folder option and does not overwrite the image in the folder itself

so if you do a whole folder structure you get an extra folder PNG everywhere with the example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to write your own script or use an action with Save for Web for more granular options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timovanhilst 

Ah, then the edited version of the late Mike Hale revision to Image Processor will likely be what you need. Once I know the Indexed Color conversion options I'll post the updated code for PNG-8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is useful for the Indexed Color conversion options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is useful for the Indexed Color conversion options

By @timovanhilst

Then I'll just use the settings from that screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timovanhilst 

To spare readers the script dump of 2K+ lines of code, I have attached the code as a .txt file. After downloading the file, change the filename extension from .txt to .jsx (as the forum software doesn't allow .jsx or .zip uploads).

I didn't add on option to use either PNG-24 or PNG-8, this script always uses PNG-8. The previously linked original modification by the late Mike Hale should be used for PNG-24.

This script uses Save PNG which the late Mike Hale added, which is why I had to convert to indexed colour mode before saving.

I'll take a look at using Export > Save for Web (Legacy) which offers either PNG-24 or PNG-8 options.

2024-03-29_11-36-36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines