Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Bullet points in Photoshop text

Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway of adding bullet point with the PS Text editor ? I have looked everywhere for the option and no one seems to able to provide a solution to this apart from suggesting in making the bullets wuth the shape tool. I can' believe an advanced program like this doesn't support bullet points.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Photoshop is not a word processor or page layout program, but there is a way:

benish - How to make a bulleted list in a Photoshop text...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not a word processor or page layout program, but there is a way:

benish - How to make a bulleted list in a Photoshop text...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the cursor at the beginning of the line of text

and

If your on windows use Alt+0149

On a mac use Option-8

bpp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u can also press Alt+7 for circle bullet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Type > Panels > Glyphs Panel (there should be bullet glyphs for your font. (If not, you are using a cheap font set).

Shortcode is fun too. (some time) > On my Mac "Option-8"  add the wrong glyph.

Then, are you trying to add a "list" in a text box ?

( Gene & Kelly, responded before me)

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the Alt+0149 combo and nothing happens, not sure why.

Using the  Glyphs Panel works , thanks for that, and yes I am trying to add a "list" in the text box so I am now able to just copy/paste the bullet points on each row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MT-Alex wrote:

I have tried the Alt+0149 combo and nothing happens,

To use the numeric keypad, your Num Lock key needs to engaged.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use <Alt>+0149 all the time, but my Sister-in-law, in USA says she uses <alt>+149 only and it works for her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  I'm on a US keyboard with Win10 and there's a big difference.  See screenshot. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same result.  Maybe she was on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Lol. I completely forgot that my Mac keyboard is set to Canadian French.

Option/alt + Shift + 8

Or :

Option/alt + Shift + h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that helped me to see all the characters i need too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a separate Numeric keypad with NumLock on laptop so that's probably why, probably works fine otherwise, good to have both options anyway as I initially thought it wasn't possible, guess I was on the wrong forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fwiw, on Windows Alt + 7 produces the same glyph as Alt + 0149: •. Much easier to remember. And if you want to get fancy, Alt + 9: ○.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another hack is to compose the text with bullets in Word. If you paste from Word into PShop you get the bullets. You have to play around with some of the settings in Paragraph to get the indentation you want, and/or adjust spacing with keyboard spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step 1
First of all you need to create a document of photoshop file, where you can add information in bullet points. Open Photoshop. Go to the “file” menu that is given on the upper left side of the window. Click on that and a drop-down menu will appear. Select the “new” option and you will get a new document.
Step 2
In this step, you have to create a text box in which you can add bullet points. Go to the photoshop text tool represented as “T” on the left side of the window. Click on that and move your cursor back to the document.
Step 3
Drag the cursor on the document and create a box of size of your own choice or requirement. You will get a box on the blank document with a selection outline.
Step 4
The box is actually called area type. Now select the text you want to add and paste it in the box. It will be shown as random lines or paragraphs.
Step 5
If there are paragraphs in your document, split it into the lines and remove unnecessary words from these lines.
Step 6
In the toolbar, you can see the “type” panel. Click on it. A drop-down menu will appear again. Click on the “panel” option and you will be provided with different signs. From this glyph panel, search for a bullet point that is shown as a highlighted dot. Click on that and you will get a bullet point. Before selecting the bullet point, double click at the beginning of the text where you want to add a bullet. Without this selection, the bullet will be shown anywhere on the document randomly. Then, it will be difficult for you to change its position.
Step 7
Add a space between bullet point and the photoshop text. It will make your text look good and not mixed up with the bullet points. Copy the bullet point and space that was added after it. Paste it before the lines or points you want to highlight. Now, all the information or text is in the form of bullet points.

Best Clipping Path Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines