• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Sequential Numbers ON Pictures

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I am on a project of making 12,500 tickets and so far, I'm at 500 out of 12,500 .. -_-'' I was just wondering if Photoshop or other Adobe programs can Add Sequential Numbers on a particular area ON a picture,

Example: (this is what i 'm doing, i'm doing it manually, saving it one by one.. and it is taking some time, it's been 2 days already)

1.jpg

then..

2.jpg

and..

3.jpg

and repeat the process again ..

4.jpg

there.. i've tried using recording Action but it didn't help me.. T.T also i don't have any idea on how to use script, (if i have to use script, can you instruct me on a step-by-step procedure or atleast pinpoint me to a thread that explains it, because the ticket's deadline is on May 4th, and again i have 12,500 tickets to make)

also the way that i print this is first as you can see saving it one by one as .jpeg and selecting 9 of the .jpeg files, right click, then print as wallet size, for it to fit in a 8.5 / 11 paper.. there..

Thank  You guys in advance and please i'm desperate!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

This functionallity is built in to Photoshop.

It easier to watch a video to see how its done...

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-evangelists-julieanne-kost/working-with-variables/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use Photoshop scripting actions can not do what you want to do. You could print them on roll paper with a script like my paste image roll or build that process into your script. Create large documents with many sequenced tickets laided out in them. The steps are the same steps yod would use in an action however you can use locic to update the sequence number in the setial text layer and position the tickets location.  You need to code in one of three supported scripting language. Javascript is the best choice. you fo not meed to have a dialog like pasteimagerollm Rou most likely want to have a ticket template file that your scrip opens and loop update its serial and paste mintp pace into your print document.  You can look at my pastimageroll script to see how to tile you ticket image into a document.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PasteImageRoll.jsx

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have InDesign, that would allow you to achieve what you want.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=indesign+sequential+ticket+numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionallity is built in to Photoshop.

It easier to watch a video to see how its done...

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-evangelists-julieanne-kost/working-with-variables/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly what i was looking for thank you so much Paul! i am now just processing the tickets into .jpeg thank you thank you so much!

,Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a template PSD file a ticket sheet multiple tickets with text layers for ticket numbers is the way to go. You should be able generate the data file required using a spread sheet to enumerate the ticket numbers and write the csv file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly.. thank you also!!! i really appreciate the help guys.. i'm already done with the tickets also with the printing.. it save me A LOT of time! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this link no longer works. Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link:

Working with Variables in Photoshop
YouTube · Julieanne Kost
Mar 11, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the above link no longer works, I Googled it and found her blog with the video here:

https://jkost.com/blog/2016/06/using-variables-in-photoshop.html

Also, this video is great and takes it a step further with different types of variables and converting the PSD files you get to jpegs. Awesome! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acjn7HoqrJ8 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Julieanne Kost video is great.
However, creating vector based items such as tickets, etc would be more correctly performed using variables in inDesign. Photoshop can be used to create tickets — but InDesign is the correct tool to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Steve K Walker wrote:

The Julieanne Kost video is great.
However, creating vector based items such as tickets, etc would be more correctly performed using variables in inDesign. Photoshop can be used to create tickets — but InDesign is the correct tool to use.

Agreed, or Illustrator...

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2015/03/illustrator-introducing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines