• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Color CC

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen Adobe Color CC App used with PS in articles I've read online, but I've never been able to find a tutorial or document that describes how to use it in any detail. Is there anyone out there who can help me find what I'm looking for. 

I'm sure you'll advise me if I'm asking in the wrong group. Many thanks to all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hey Myra,

Thanks so much for your clues. I did some reading and then went back to Adobe Color. I figured out that extractions could be made only on JPGs, right? Then I went to Explore and entered a jpg of a seascape that I liked, not knowing what would happen next. I stopped at Page 11, but I saw MANY seascapes resembling what I had entered, together with color themes. I downloaded a few themes. Now I am at a wall. How do I apply a theme to my jpg, see the color wheel where I can make some adjust

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some info that might help:

Adobe Color | FAQ

If you were wanting to use the Adobe Color Themes extension, here is some information:

Use the Adobe Color Themes extension

but Adobe has ended supported for the Adobe Color Themes panel:

End of support for Adobe Color Themes panel

And there is a community:

Adobe Color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Myra,

Thanks so much for your clues. I did some reading and then went back to Adobe Color. I figured out that extractions could be made only on JPGs, right? Then I went to Explore and entered a jpg of a seascape that I liked, not knowing what would happen next. I stopped at Page 11, but I saw MANY seascapes resembling what I had entered, together with color themes. I downloaded a few themes. Now I am at a wall. How do I apply a theme to my jpg, see the color wheel where I can make some adjustments to the theme (can't I?), see my image with the new colors, and bring the image back to LR for final adjustments? There must be a way to do these things, but I can't find enough clues to put me on the right track.

If you can answer these Qs, I'll buy you lunch the next time I see you. Thanks again for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a re-send of a msg I sent out on 3Aug, but might have checked something in error that caused the msg to be not sent. Hoping I'm doing it right this time and that you are able to answer my questions.

"Hey Myra,

Thanks so much for your clues. I did some reading and then went back to Adobe Color. I figured out that extractions could be made only on JPGs, right? Then I went to Explore and entered a jpg of a seascape that I liked, not knowing what would happen next. I stopped at Page 11, but I saw MANY seascapes resembling what I had entered, together with color themes. I downloaded a few themes. Now I am at a wall. How do I apply a theme to my jpg, see the color wheel where I can make some adjustments to the theme (can't I?), see my image with the new colors, and bring the image back to LR for final adjustments? There must be a way to do these things, but I can't find enough clues to put me on the right track.

If you can answer these Qs, I'll buy you lunch the next time I see you. Thanks again for everything."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use file formats other than JPEGs (such as PNG, GIF, BMP) with Adobe Color to extract colors.

If you'd like to extract colors for a color theme from within Photoshop, try the Capture in-app extension from the Libraries panel (Window > Libraries). At the bottom of the Libraries panel, click the "+" and select Create from Image.

If no layers are selected, then when the Create From Image dialog opens, drag and drop a file or select one from your computer. If a layer is selected when the Create From Image dialog opens, then the image from the selected layer will appear in the dialog. 

With an image in the Create From Image dialog, click on the Color Themes tab. You can modify the selected colors in the color theme by dragging the pins to a different location on the image. After you've created a Color Theme, you can save it to a CC Library.

There are lots of ways to apply the colors from the selected saved color theme, so it would help if you could share a screenshot of your image and describe what you'd like the end result for the image to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines