• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe font automatic activation

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I work in Photoshop 2022 the missing fonts is activating.

And I deactivated. And afrter the missing fonts is activating. And I deactivated. And after the missing fonts is activating...

Like a silly person who always turns on the lights during the day.

This is very annoying and unnecessary.

I couldn't find an option to turn this off in Photoshop. I can't turn this off once and for all?

Thx

Laszlo Zsibrita

technical editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We need more information. Is this loading the missing fonts for documents that USE those missing fonts? Or, is this just happening when you open the application?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This happens every time I open a document with missing font/s. OSX 10.15, Photoshop 23.4.2.

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as-designed. Photoshop needs to have SOMETHING loaded for your type layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the design is PRETTY BAD, because it didn't work that way in previous photoshops.

Why activate font/s instead of replacing it with a commonly used one? Times, Helvetica, Minion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the design is PRETTY BAD, because it didn't work that way in previous photoshops.

By @zsibrital16278798

Hi Laszlo,

Auto-activation is fairly recent in the Adobe apps. In Adobe Illustrator and in Adobe InDesign, it can be disabled in Preferences > File Handling.
janee_0-1659017036385.png

Photoshop is primarily an image editor. It has some type capabilities, but not nearly what type-centric apps like InDesign and Illustator have. I checked and cannot find the same function in Photoshop. Yet.

To make a feature request to the developers, create a new post and tag it as "Ideas" instead of "Discussions". It's a great idea for Photoshop and I'll upvote it after you post!

InDesign and Illustrator also have a Replace Fonts dialog where you can replace one typeface with another. For my part, I would never, ever, ever want an app to choose a "common" typeface for me.

Helvetica, btw, is only available on Mac. Windows users need to purchase it from Linotype.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Times, open the file and change the font to Times. Why would a design program EVER substitute fonts when the actual font is available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics 

For anyone who follows your link, we should note here that the Feedback forum was merged with this one almost a year ago and is no longer live. It's best to follow the earlier advice in this thread to post to this forum and tag the post as an "Idea".

72CE84E0-20E9-4775-9D0F-6EDB711968A3.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Photoshop doesn't have an option to disable the Adobe font auto-activation. You can disable all Adobe fonts on your computer but, of course, that could be an excessive solution.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 4.42.41 PM.png

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Photoshop doesn't have an option to disable the Adobe font auto-activation. - yes this is the problem. 

I also use Indesign with activated fonts, I can't disable all Adobe fonts. This is not a solution.

But, thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines