• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe keeps telling me to buy Adobe Photoshop when I already have a subscription for it.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a subscription on my account for Adobe Photoshop and successfully installed and used it on my iMac computer. Now, I want to install and use it on my Macbook Air using the Creative Cloud application, so I tried logging into Adobe on the Macbook Air and it keeps showing that I have to buy Adobe Photoshop in order to start using it. Why does it say this? I thought I could use my Adobe subscription on up to 2 computers, but so far, I have only been able to use it on the iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

@Please Read Yes, AFAIK, you can have the app installed on two or more computers and you can be signed in up to two computers at the same time, but you can only use the app on one computer at a time. Do you have the app open and running on both your iMac and your Macbook Air at the same time? If not, this might be something to work out with Adobe.

Can I install my Adobe app on another computer?

JainLemos_0-1624748493408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can activate PS on two computers, and you will get prompted to deactivate if you try to activate a third.

Try these steps and let us know what works or if you need more assistance:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Please Read Yes, AFAIK, you can have the app installed on two or more computers and you can be signed in up to two computers at the same time, but you can only use the app on one computer at a time. Do you have the app open and running on both your iMac and your Macbook Air at the same time? If not, this might be something to work out with Adobe.

Can I install my Adobe app on another computer?

JainLemos_0-1624748493408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that on my iMac, I am still in the free trial period of Adobe, so does that mean I have to wait until the billing in order to start using adobe photoshop on 2 devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PleaseREAD wrote:

"I purchased a subscription on my account for Adobe Photoshop"

"I just realized that on my iMac, I am still in the free trial period"

I'm confused. Did you purchase a subscription or did you start a free trial? You've said both. Are you logging in with the same user name and password?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, you can install on as many computers as you wish but only have two activations running at one time. AFAIK, this has nothing to do with a trial period or otherwise. 

Did you see:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/free-trial-download.html?sdid=JRSIL&mv=search&ef_id=CjwKCAj...

Your free trial starts when you check out and it lasts for seven days. The trial will automatically convert to a paid Creative Cloud membership when it’s complete, unless you cancel before then.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines