• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airbrushing in Photoshop/Retouching

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I came across a photo (first pic) that I had a graphic designer edit for me a few years back and I want to know is this photo retouching or a digital drawing. I wish I had the before photo to post but only have the after. Can someone point me towards a tutorial where I can learn how to make my headshots look airbrushed. Thanks in advance.

Me 2.pngAirbrush.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Hi Chrishonda

They look like digital paintings, which are a bit too involved to cover in a forum thread, but I can get you started.  I start with a photograph as a template to get the size, scale and positioning etc. right, and build up the painting layer by layer on top of it.  There are lots of little tricks to streamline the process, like making the eyes.

Myself and another of this forum's regular posters worked as teaching assistants with Bert Monroy at Adobe MAX in 2016, and I still have the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chrishonda

They look like digital paintings, which are a bit too involved to cover in a forum thread, but I can get you started.  I start with a photograph as a template to get the size, scale and positioning etc. right, and build up the painting layer by layer on top of it.  There are lots of little tricks to streamline the process, like making the eyes.

Myself and another of this forum's regular posters worked as teaching assistants with Bert Monroy at Adobe MAX in 2016, and I still have the workshop notes from that session.  If  you send me your email address in a PM, I'll flick the PDF file back to you.

I did this painting of my wife after that session.  This is 100% Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's a very nice painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrishonda2016  wrote

Thank you. That's a very nice painting.

Thanks, but looking at it now, there are so many things I'd do differently, like add more highlights to the hair and more lines in the face.  I was pleased with the lower half which looks almost like a photograph, and I think that is down to the texture added to the skin.  That was done with one of the texture brushes in my favourite brush set    Choose a slightly darker tone of the same colour, and paint the texture on a new layer clipped to the skin layer beneath it.  Then reduce opacity for best effect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your wife liked it don't go fixing in now....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines