Exit

All layers gone; one half red half black (damaged) layer left

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64

Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

I've been working on a drawing for three days continuously, it was almost done, I saved the file and sent my laptop to sleep, today I opened the laptop had a feeling to save, close the file before something happens, I saved and closed the file, after 10 seconds the blue death screen showed up, it usually happens, after it woke up I opened the file and all layers were gone, the file had one layer as background, half of it is an old refernece sketch suddenly filled with red, the other half is just black, and the workspace isn't the same, nothing in it's place.

I always keep copies and backups, or even exported images for each progress, but I didn't have any for this file since it was a personal drawing and not a paid drawing. Also my last restore date was on Jan 1, the drawing's further work was after this date.

I can work another 20 hours but if there's anyway to fix this, please tell me. 

wtf.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leen23275809580z sorry to hear this.  You say you saved your file, was it locally or in the cloud? You say you saved it, then opened and saved it again THEN the layers were gone after the blue screen?

If you can share the file with me I can see if the team can find out anything about what happened and if it can be recovered.

Send to shubert@adobe.com

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your file is probably permanently damaged. If your system crashes during a save, that is not usually a recoverable event.

A system crash usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

I would suspect your graphics card/driver. Make sure you driver is up to date: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines