• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt-right click-drag: brush adjust not working in CC 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in 2018 that came out today and have noticed the alt-right click-drag function that changes the size and hardness of the brush no longer works. 

anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Hey, I had the same problem and searching in the forums I found this. Now is working again. Hope it helps you too.

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well. Alt - Right click - Drag works fine with my mouse, but does not work with my Cintiq pen. I too get the eye dropper color picker.

Using a Wacom 27 Cintiq 27QHD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm having this exact issue and it's been completely preventing me from working since the 2018 update. The path described in the solution doesn't exist for me. Photoshop is located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.

I tried adding the exact file you descrived to that folder (there isn't any "settings" folder in there either) and it didn't work.

I don't know what to do. I use a cintic 22Hd, playing with every options in the wacom center did nothing. Ofc I tried updating drivers and reinstalling photoshop, and the situation with work is getting really dire for me.

I could not find the "pen and touch" option JJMack described anywhere either in my wacom desktop center.

Here's how my photoshop folder looks like. Didn't find any other on my computer.

gjQ5q7WMROKPJaY9NWuGlQ.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You path you should use for your PSUserConfig.txt is not in the program folder, it's in your user folder:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. And as I said earlier, if you can't find that App Datafile (like me) it's because you didn't check the Hidden items box, in the view section of Windows explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers everyone, I actually just found the option in the wacom center to disable windows script messing with the right clic, and it finally fixed it. Sorry it's in french, posting it still as it maybe could help someone with the same UI (almost everyone I know who updated windows and photoshop are having it)

jII-yjMOR3O6ih0QzdRkkw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did work allowing me to alt+right click to change the brush size; however, it seems to also disable size size jitters via pen pressure for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I still did't found a solution... Or without pressure, or without the alt+right click shortcut. Please somebody provides any help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pressure is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape dynamics properties disappear ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, it's just that one of the folders are hidden.

Go to C:\Users\[Your user name]\  once there open the SHOW menu top of the window and check the Hidden Objects option. Now you see the AppData folder and can navigate to the right folder.

I hope it helps!

/Rickard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for providing a working solution! I was going insane over not being able to change brush settings with my Wacom pen anymore. Saving the config file did the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gustavov56104222 's answer worked for me! Cintiq 13HQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, this was a good tip, everything works as it should 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, the text solution worked for me! Just saved it under Photoshop 2018 folder instead of 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSUserConfig worked for me with photoshop...but anyone know how to fix the similar issue with camera raw in bridge? used to just right click drag to adjust brush size when using the adjustment brush now it doesnt work with stylus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click and drag seems to go through the motion of changing tip size but does not change the setting with Wacom support set to use INK or Wintab API in ACR.  The  [  ] keys  do work.

Pen pressurs does not see to work eith in ACR.

In Photoshop  pen pressure seem to work for me in with Wacon set either way with the PSConfig.txt file

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gustavo. Your solution worked for me. Thanks too to the insight to click "hidden files" in the view section of Widows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had this working using the PSUserConfig.txt

The solution was golden... then this morning, I restarted my computer, windows had updated something and it stopped working again... I'm suspect it has something to do with Windows Ink, but what do I know... At anyrate, I NEED to get this fixed ASAP... Anybody know what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this help you any, but when Adobe Photoshop updates to a newer version, you have to copy or move the PSUserConfig to the new folder for that version.

H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys. This has been driving me nuts. Microsoft, Adobe and Wacom: sort it out! This is a ludicrous over sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me is that I went to pen settings and instead of setting "right click" to one of the pen buttons, I chose "modifier" and set the "Keys" to "Alt" and the "Clicks" to "Right". So now, the brush adjustment is just one pen button away. Hope it helps you guys out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines