• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply adjustment layer to a group

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to do this to look like the adjustment layer has been applied to all sublayers.

But how to finally apply these adjustments?  How to execute this, irreversibly?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

A script could automate this task, however, it would likely be very specific to the layer structure inside the group and wouldn't be very flexible.

I think this has already come up in the past. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/applying-adjustment-layer-to-multiple-layers/m-p/10442863#M242390

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select the group and adjustment layer and make it a Smart Object.  Then rasterize the SO to make it irreversibly.  Or you could leave it as a Smart Object just in case you want to edit it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that first thing I loose all the layers. They all merge into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kornelijek they merge into one smart object - the layers are contained inside. If you double-click the layer preview it opens the layered embedded document with all the layers in tact.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-smart-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kornelijek – If I'm understanding you correctly, another option would be to duplicate the adjustment layer N times, with N being the number of layers in the group that need the adjustment applied. Then merge each adjustment into each individual layer, one at a time.

merge-down.png

A script could automate this task, however, it would likely be very specific to the layer structure inside the group and wouldn't be very flexible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has already come up in the past. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/applying-adjustment-layer-to-multiple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The script did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler – Good find, I had forgotten about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, but  I've got ~100 layers. I was hoping I could make an Adjustment Layer according to one of them, and then just apply to all, and export the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole idea seems problematic anyway as applying an Adjustment to several Layers together and applying it to the Layers individually does not necessarily yield the same result.

(edited)

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 08.30.53.pngScreenshot 2023-05-10 at 08.31.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should also be noted that right clicking on the layers panel and selecting export as will apply the adjustment layer to all layers without needing to "bake it in":

exportas-selectedlayers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines