I've created an action to re-size images. I then created a batch process using this action to re-size a large number of images. I've checked the source and destination folders really carefully, and I watched while the batch was running; I could see each file coming up & being processed, so it seemed to be working fine, and there were no error messages. I have also run this batch process once already with a different folder and it worked ok. BUT when I look in the destination folder it's empty, so I have no idea where these re-sized files have gone! I have checked all the folders relating to this set of images; the re-sized files are nowhere. I've tried this twice now, but the re-sized files still vanish. Attached screenshot shows my settings for the batch. Is this a known issue? Can anyone advise please?
Thanks @jefbr . But I don't understand this link? I know how to create a batch process - I'm doing it correctly as far as I can see, as it's worked once. It's just the second time I used the same process the files didn't appear in the destination folder.
I was thinking it might be useful to turn your batch into a droplet.
-bear with me- If you run a batch as a batch, the "save as" steps are executed literally.
If you run a droplet, the save as step will be automatically overwritten per image batched through the droplet.
It sounds like executing the batch as a batch and not a droplet is your problem.
I could be wrong, happens a lot, but that's why those 2 links. 🙂
Ok, I see - thanks! I'll give this a try later on... 😊
Copy link to clipboard
A screenshot of the batch command is only half the story, a cropped screenshot of the action with all steps fully expanded and any save/save as a copy steps expanded with the panel wide enough to see the entire text would also be helpful in troubleshooting.