Exit

Batch Processing - Logo changing sizes

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone solve my issue?

Ive created an action to place my logo on my photos, ive recorded all the correct steps of where i want it and how big i want it. I now go to batch process and come to find out my logo has changed sizes from XS to XL in the same place but varying sizes throughout all my images.

Why does it keep doing that?

I erased my action and did it from the beginning again (3x) , I used the aligment tool and also tried to change the W,X,H,Y numbers to make sure it goes in the right place everytime. However it seems to keep changing sizes and I dont know how to fix this. Ive added examples of the same batch and how different the logo placed itself.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used the place embedded or place linked command in the action (creating a smart object layer)?

Do all of the photos have the same PPI resolution value?

Please post a screenshot of the action with all steps expanded with the panel wide enough to view relevant text (make sure that the action isn't in button mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for replying.

Yes i used the place embedded command and I am not sure if its the same PPI resolution value how can i check or make them all the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for replying.

Yes i used the place embedded command and I am not sure if its the same PPI resolution value how can i check or make them all the same?

By @sesetvofficial

Short of opening each file to check the resolution value, I'd use Adobe Bridge.

Smart objects are sized using the resolution PPI of the smart object vs. the document resolution, so consistent values are needed for consistent sizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a step in action to modify the resolution without altering the dimensions (Resample turned off in Image Size). Implement this step prior to placing the logo, conduct test, and report the outcomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bojan Živković Is referring to is that by changing the resolution value with resample disabled - this will change the print size but not the pixel count, which is a safe approach to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines