• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch saving layers as individual jpegs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forums and haven't quite found what I was looking for.  I have assembled a wholel lot of scanned pages from my sketch pad into one psd file.  That file has guides which I use to register and align every page (each page is therefore its own layer).  Is there a way I can make an action and save off each individual layer as its own jpeg?  I set up an action but I don't know how to get photoshop to save it with a distinct namespace.  The first action I set up basically prompted me to re-name each layer as I saved it, which isn't really saving time.  What I want is for the action to start at the bottom layer and turn off the visiblity of all the layers above it, save the visible layer as a jpeg with a name based on  the layer and then turn on the next layer's visibitlity and repeat, until all layers have been saved.  Is that doable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ACC 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

file / scripts / export layers to files

then set the parameters as you like.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file / scripts / export layers to files

then set the parameters as you like.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!  Thanks Grant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave this a shot and it did create multiple files for each layer but there is a problem.

If I manually "Save for web" as jpeg at 80, my jpeg weighs about 8KB.

If I use the script to export the jpegs at "Quality" of 8, I end up with the same image at 55KB.

Thats a big difference, is there something I am not doing in order to get the same compression?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

swhinck wrote:

I gave this a shot and it did create multiple files for each layer but there is a problem.

If I manually "Save for web" as jpeg at 80, my jpeg weighs about 8KB.

If I use the script to export the jpegs at "Quality" of 8, I end up with the same image at 55KB.

Thats a big difference, is there something I am not doing in order to get the same compression?

When you save for web at 80% are you saving at 100% size or are you also reducing the images pixel size?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look for the same in CC version 2017.1.1 I see: does one of these do it?Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 12.20.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nm, found it in export layers to files!! yay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: let's give it up to team adobe for adding this great feature. I'm so grateful to you guys developing your softwares. It's such a relief to have this feature built in, you've saved me like 2 hours exporting pngs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it was really helpfull, but when i export them. i want only the layer name not any number sequence or original file name.

I only want the layer name, how can i get it? kindly advice.

the result i got after Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 3.53.55 AM.png

_0000_TEST D.jpg

_0001_TEST C.jpg

_0002_TEST B.jpg

_0003_TEST A.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread and it solved my problem as well, but in addition, I had the same problem of resulting file names being annoying.

I fixed it with this:  https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

Worked perfectly, two steps changed all my file names in the entire folder from the photoshop-generated "FileName_0001_realname.psd.jpg"  to  "realname.jpg".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me I'm using Photoshop version 21.0.2 (windows 10). Go to file --> export --> layers to files and select the folder & type you want to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines