• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug or something else?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed in 3 last version of PS. Always when I copied layer with picture and moving copy down, this, lower, copy become darker. Not darker only at screen, but also in print. Not too much, but visible in both cases.

Screenshot_PSBugx.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

The optical illusion is not a trick of your computer screen, but a trick of your eyes. It will be on your computer as well as in print. Look at the example image provided at the top of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion. You are seeing the exact same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

@limijer I tested the .psd that you provided and both layers are identical. If you're seeing a difference in the printing, then that's something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Thank you guys. Thank you to all for your time and good will to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're copy/pasting the layers or just moving them down in the Layers panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more about your file, my best guess is there may be some properties of the layer you are working with so that they interact with each other. This could be something like Opacity or Fill, but also Blend Mode. Wouldn't be able to say more without seeing your file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these artboards? Can you post a screen shot of the entire Photoshop interface including the layers panel? Can you share the PSD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Here you have PSD file and video.

PSD file you can download from this link

https://we.tl/t-hBznWQbnn2

video> https://youtu.be/B8juTGT0pEw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you duplicated the layer, nothing changed. What you're seeing is just a visual illusion. If you measure the values in each layer, you'll see that they're the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid to say this, but the second layer isn't any darker, it's the exact same as the other. What we're experiencing here is an optical illusion. Because the gray at the top of the layer is darker than the white of the bottom, this difference is exagerated when they are placed right next to each other instead of when they are separated by the gradient. One way to prove this is when you duplicate the layer, before you move it, zoom to 100% and change the blend mode of the top layer to "Difference". The layers should turn completely black. If there are any differences, even if they are just slightly darker or lighter, they will appear as non-black. Another thing to try is dragging the layers so they are side-by-side. You'll see that the grays are still the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not ilusion. Prints show exact same, darker lower part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The optical illusion is not a trick of your computer screen, but a trick of your eyes. It will be on your computer as well as in print. Look at the example image provided at the top of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion. You are seeing the exact same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrettN Yes, that's exactly what i did too. Line up the layers, set to Difference and they were exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@limijer I tested the .psd that you provided and both layers are identical. If you're seeing a difference in the printing, then that's something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys. Thank you to all for your time and good will to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines