• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can i creare a subfolder in the Acr preset and have them organized?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i'm runnin the last version of photoshop cc cc 19.1.5  , windows 10 pro 64bit and under imac high sierra

i use moslty windows

can i create subfolder and organize my acr preset in camera raw?

and not a long lists of lots lots of preset , hard to handle

in short something similar to lightroom develop presets

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

I believe this preset workflow was introduced in Adobe Camera Raw 10.3. Click on the New icon at the bottom right of ACR, then choose New Set from the drop down menu where you would choose which set to save the preset to.

Moving presets from one set to another doesn't work in ACR, but you can move them in Lightroom Classic and any moves will show up in ACR.

Right-click on a preset for more options like hiding a preset group.

See screenshots.

Best,

Steve

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz053.jpg

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz052.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - You can create new folders in both ACR and Lightroom Classic but not sub-folders. They both now share the same preset folder so presets are identical in both ACR and Lightroom Classic - and a change in one instantly updates in the other.

Both programs let you create new folders (a new Preset Group), and you can drag-and-drop presets between folders. Neither let you create a nested group, or group within a group (a folder of presets within another presets folder).

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

may i know which version of acr introduced ?

Both programs let you create new folders (a new Preset Group)

I mean i can't find on my laptop running windows in the acr the possibility to create a preset group

can you please post a screenshot

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this preset workflow was introduced in Adobe Camera Raw 10.3. Click on the New icon at the bottom right of ACR, then choose New Set from the drop down menu where you would choose which set to save the preset to.

Moving presets from one set to another doesn't work in ACR, but you can move them in Lightroom Classic and any moves will show up in ACR.

Right-click on a preset for more options like hiding a preset group.

See screenshots.

Best,

Steve

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz053.jpg

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz052.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i will upgrade camera raw , i have avoided it because i read that replichorme won't work with Adobe Camera Raw 10.3

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

would be much better if cameraraw will detect the presets folder onthe drive inside the %AppData%/CameraRaw/Settings-Folder.

So i have muchold Presets, which i organized inside folders, but ACR is actually not able to read the Folders as Presets Groups, which is very bad. it put all my presets in the preset group "Userpresets", so it is very hard to handle my presets there. I hope Adobe will update ACR to let it read Folders from the settings folder and parse them into presets groups inside ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines