• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use LR brushes in PSCC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some help with this question.  I have several brushes loaded in Lightroom Classic.  I want to know if I can use these brushes directly in Photoshop CC?  I'm aware that I could use the brushes in LR and then move the image over to PS but it would be easier just to have the brush sets available in PS.  Is this possible and if so how?  I have seen comments on the web saying “pre-sets” are available in both LR and ACR as they use the same file but are pre-sets and brushes treated the same way?  I have tried to load the LR brushes directly into PS but the files are not recognised in PS and the file in which I know the LR brushes are located displays as empty when I search.  Any help appreciated. 

Cheers

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately i don't believe you can at this point in time. You could request this to be a feature to be added though!

How do I write a feature request? - Adobe Support Community - 12384447

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I apprciate the feedback.  I'll follow up on your suggestion.  Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, brushes are not inter-changeable Lr<>Ps.

Lr brushes are only locally applied 'adjustments' to the Develop sliders.

Ps brushes are defined shapes that 'paint' the brush effect.

To mimic a Lr brush in Ps you could set an adjustment layer, and brush (with a white brush) on a black mask to reveal the adjustment on your selected area of the image.

But, you can use a Camera Raw Filter on an image to apply the same as a Lr Brush in Masking! So then an answer for your question " if I can use these brushes directly in Photoshop CC?" might be a - Yes!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I apprciate the feedback.    Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines