• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find the "Make Frames From Layers." in the menu

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Photoshop cc trying to make a frame animation, but when I go to the menu in the top right corner of the Timeline there is no option for "make frames from layers". Does anyone know where to find this? I am in Motion workspace.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

You have one frame made from one layer  the frame has a character  in eight poses.  You want to brake up that layer into eight layers the character in one position and create eight frames.

Capture.jpgchar.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

The problem I had (and that I imagine everyone else is having here) is that when you open the timeline you see a drop down menu:

The interaction pattern that the rest of the Photoshop application has set is that when you select an option in a drop down, that is the final trigger (and if it is not the next action is very explicit) So as a user, I see the drop down, select "Create Frame Animation" (even though it was selected by default), and assume making that selection is the trigger:

But the patt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the answer from iumopap_sdn who expressed my frustrations quite well! But as you have also pointed out, it is not at all clear that the Create Frame Animation is also a button you have to press and is, indeed, something Adobe needs to sort out. Thanks for your clear answer, I finally got it sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a point I've seen many users struggle with, @CoryShubert 

Could you escalade what @senorita_senor highlighted in their post?

Instead if a drop down we need two buttons to chose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to make an animated .gif, I just want to be able to do what I used to do:  Use an "Action" to make a frame from a picture, background or whatever I had in the layer.  How do I do this?  I feel so stupid, but I just can't do it.  Please give me a step by step instruction or tell me where my old "Action" friend went to???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines