• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import to Photoshop and back to Lightroom desktop

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I imported a photo from Lightroom CC (file, edit in Lightroom) to photoshop. Once I fixed the photo in photoshop, I am trying to reimport back into Lightroom (share button, add to Lightroom photos). It initially says writing tiff format, but then disappears and doesn't do anything. It never reimports back to Lightroom and if I try to do it again, it says "an unknown error has occurred. Please try again later." Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that you cannot edit a file from Lightroom desktop to Photoshop and save the changes back into Lightroom dekstop.

Which version of Photoshop and Lightroom desktop are you using?  

Does the Lightroom desktop app stops working while editing and saving back a specific image or image format from Photoshop?

Would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the keys Shift + Option + Delete (Mac) or Shift + Alt (Win) keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences. 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

iMAC Catalina 10.15.7

Adobe Cloud Services with all apps up-to-date - desktop versions

When I am in Lightroom and hit Command + E to edit the image in Photoshop, I get the following error: "Edit in Photoshop Failed. Could not complete the import operation, please try again."

However - the image still appears in Photoshop and I am able to continue editing in Photoshop with no issues. This error message just started popping up for no apparent reason and now when I open Lightroom, it immediately pops up without use the command to Edit in Photoshop.

I have uninstalled LR and reinstalled it. 

I have uninstalled PS and reinstalled it. 

I have held Shift + Option + Delete while starting LR.

Nothing has fixed this issue. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I am trying to reimport back into Lightroom (share button, add to Lightroom photos)."

Your post said "Lightroom CC" by which I think you mean Lightroom Classic (LrC).

That is not the right procedure. In PS, use File -> Save  and the photo will go back to LrC. Any other operation will not automatically send it back to LrC.

The PS File -> Share to Lightroom will send the photo to Lightroom (the online app). I just tried it here and sure enough the the photo is in my "Lightroom" which is a web based app totally different than "Lightroom Classic" Your post said Lightroom CC by which I think you mean Lightroom Classic.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your response! I am actually using Lightroom cc and not Lightroom classic. It's a desktop version of Lightroom that provides cloud functionality across desktop, phone and web 🙂 luckily the issue seems to have resolved itself so I'm guessing there was a bug 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 4 AM and I just spent 4 hours on a photo that is due in the morning and the same thing happend. Right before it said i was low on space. I hope I can recover the file. I have no help but need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me right now, and this message appears on Lightroom 

B5794211-87E4-4006-99C9-25FEF7B85523.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines