• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save layers as JPEG properly

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to save my poster on photoshop as a JPEG to submit it, however some of the layers are not saving once exported and are disappearing behind one of the layers. I have tried moving them upwards in the order in which the layers are however it hasn't worked. I have used the 'Overlay' tool so maybe this is the problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lily29805121iicn can you give examples of the flattened JPG and a screenshot of your layered file workspace including the Layers panel open and visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.05.27.png

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.05.55.png

LondonScienceMuseum copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helps, this is my first time using photoshop so I'm really not sure what I'm doing, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, Image>Duplicate...

Flatten the copy. 

What do you see? Is it 'wrong' or OK? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I flatten the image this is what makes the layer (if you see the images above, its the woman's head) change order and hide one of the other layers I want to be visible if this makes sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is locked on the Blue Germ layer? What happens if you unlock it and flatten?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

I unlocked the blue germ layer and flattened it and the same thing happened where as soon as I pressed flatten they disappeared behind the lady's head

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten it. Then save as JPEG.

And if you do not want to flatten it... then send it as a Photoshop Document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you might need to flatten each layer down to the next one.
Do that individually starting at the top.
Also, you might need to add a plain/empty layer between some layers to flatten an effect.

That could be the issue. Because if select to merge all layers depending on how you have things set up it could booger it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've attached my actual file, which is hopefully accesible, so that you can possibly see if I'm still doing anything wrong or if it's a glitch in the program - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that my university frustratingly wants it as a JPEG file 😞 I tried your tip for layers (and inserting blank layers as well) but even that had the same problem where even starting at the top with flatten image it immediately hid behind the head of the woman. Maybe if I attach the file you could have a look and see if I've made a silly mistake anywhere? Much appreciate your help, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if I attach the file you could have a look and see if I've made a silly mistake anywhere?

By @Lily29805121iicn

Hi Lily,

You can't attach a psd into the forum, but you can put it in Creative Cloud, Dropbox, or similar and then post a link to it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines