• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export GIF's in Photoshop with transparent background

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rendered my sequence for GIF from After Effects as PNG sequence, and QuickTime, as exporting GIF's directly from After Effects makes my GIF look pixelated. When exporting then as a GIF in Photoshop, in the preview it shows no background to it, however when I do save it and preview it the background suddenly appears. I have tried out different methods on exporting the GIF, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 14.15.07.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the gif itself and screenshots to illustrate the faulty result. 

In which application are you viewing the gif? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

400 x 400-gif.gif400-x-400-gif-lucy.gifScreenshot 2023-05-20 at 22.07.10.pngScreenshot 2023-05-20 at 22.06.47.png

Hello, I am previewing it directly by opening the GIF file on my laptop. When I preview it directly on web, it looks the same. Cannot find a way to export it without a background, as it keeps adding one. And, if I export it directly from After Effects it adds some strange noise texture to the GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gif indeed includes a white background in each frame. 

Could you provide the layered image you use to export? 

You are aware that gif transparency is not 8bit anyway? 

So »soft« transparency isn’t an option in gif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think it is not working?  I saved the GIF and opened it in Photoshop and it is working fine with every frame showing transparency.  Where are you using it?  What's the end product going to be?

image.png

To show that it still has transparency, I put it in front of a new background.

400-x-400-with-background-gif.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I opened the image »400-x-400-gif-lucy.gif« and that has no white »backgrounds«: 

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 12.59.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines