Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the installer to work by going through the registry and literally deleting every entry of the word Adobe, Master, CS3 and all file extension associations it created. Seriously, that CS3 cleaner tool that they give you to download doesn't work at all. The suggestions are the beginning about editing that containerproxy.js file didn't work either. Make sure you backup your registry before doing it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question....

Am I the only one that can't get this trial version to work? I downloaded it Sept.4 2007 from the site and I have all the pretty icons on the desktop, but NO program will run. I've looked under my programs etc and theres nothing there that will let me run the actual program. This is all new to me and is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth with this product.

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2007 Sep 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for so good luck

I found the problem you are all having installing CS3 in Vista.
If you need any more help contact me via my web site where Im more than happy to help you. contact me -> http://www.htmlblock.co.uk

Manually register the jscript.dll file.

On Windows Vista32:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
3. Navigate to Windows\System32.
4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
5. When a dialog box with the message DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded appears, click OK.

On Windows Vista64:

3. Navigate to Windows\SysWow64.
5. When a dialog box with the message DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded appears, click OK.

I found the solution to the problem after looking though log files and I found an error with the code 2739. So no cleanup or all that rubbish, just follow steps above and CS3 will install as well as CS2 did!

Philip Smith
Founder of HTMLBlock.co.uk

ENJOY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Regards to Phil Sadler post

Phil Sadler - 8:04am Sep 22, 07 PST (#127 of 127)

That method did not work out for me i am currently using the Vista 32 bit OS.

HELP ME!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil Sadler,

Thanks so much. I know the programs, but don't ask me how the computer works! Your solution worked for me. I am using Vista Home Premium, and now I'm also using Photoshop CS3. Ta Da!

Oh, by the way, it didn't work for me the first time because I didn't realize there was a space after 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same problems with installing on Windows XP SP2. This is how I solved it. Maybe it will help someone.

First I copied everything to C:\Photoshop.

Then used the instructions that were written here:
3. Navigate to Windows\System32.

But after this I stayed in the command line, navigated to C:\Photoshop (directory with the install files) and typed setup (to run the setup from the command line as Administrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting Photoshop CS3 installed. I purchased Web Premium. I had a previous trial version of PS CS3 installer a few months back. I had since uninstalled it. now when I try to install Web Premium I can install all the packages except Photoshop. I receive the following message when installing.

"Component install failed. The original installation media has been moved or deleted. Please replace the media at it's original location: C:\Documents and Settings\Wil\Local Settings\Application Data\Installer 3816\payloads\AdobeColorCommonSet1.0.1All\AdobeColorCommonSet1.0.1All.msi"

Thank you for any help,
Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that I can get a clean install for the cs3 software by first creating a new administrator user account. Then logging in and installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did everything but could not get it to install all the files. First it would install but crash my computer, then i managed after doing all the forum suggestions, to get a partial install. But on another computer we managed to install without problems. So we copied all the files of that perfect installation and copied them into the computer "Program folder/Adobe/Dreamweaver" CS3 folder that had only partial install. First time we just copied over all files and it crashed.
the second time we copied only the files that were missing. After doing that, it worked just fine. So if you can get to the point to install some of it then you can finish by using maybe another computer that installed fine. That's if you have access to another computer that had clean install. Just sharing my story so in case someone is in same situation as us.

I believe mine was related to the Internet Explorer 7 Beta problem. It is so unbelievable that this problem has been around since April or before and it is yet to be seen a fix. Unbelieveable Adobe! Shame on you!!! I am a DEVOTE Adobe client - I have them ALL and I expect better than this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem opening Photoshop CS3

An Internet Explorer window appears and asks for my proxy settings which i enter the the screen goes blank and tells me that direct access to www.adobeereg.com is denied!

then i can't do anything,i can't even close the program, i have to close it in the task manager :(

how can i resolve this cuz i have activated it

thanx!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Adobe support! I understand it's a free call if the problems are related to install issues. Don't quote me though ... ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted by forum host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice--come to a company's own web site and give explicit details of you you've pirated their software...[remainder of post edited by forum host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted lovelymk's post and edited Brutus' since his alluded to what was contained in the original post.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it installs fine for me on vista and was working 'A OK' until 2 days back when it asked for the serial again...i put my serial in but than it started coming up with a 'license expired'...i than went through and deleted all of CS3 related files and tried again...same result...i deleted it again and tried i again just now...but same shitty message again...please help me guys...PS is my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

call adobe bilai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally I found a solution
(for the disappear of installation box problem in vista)
simple and easy
just run the following command line
regsvr32 jscript.dll
from an administrator command prompt (run cmd.exe as administrator)

i found this solution in:
http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?p=225#comment-56475

good luck

Ayman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE YOU ARE A GENIUS
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend or trouble shooters HI to you all, I am having the same problem which is installing any cs3 of adobe in windows xp pro with sp2, when ever I run the installation file after a while it displays a message that asking me to close my Internet Explorer and I never opened, to make it sure that it was closed I started and shut it off again but it is the same so could any one help please.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut all instances of Internet Explorer from the Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and if it keeps re-appearing, temporarily rename the .exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can not install photoshop cs3 trial either it does what u said and shows the progress bar and then just quits no errors i had photoshop cs3 not beta installed ages ago on a different hdd and tried to copy it over when i was stupid and i cant remember what i did and now i cant seem to uninstall it ive tried all the suggestion ive read in this topic and none have worked ive been searching for hours and im going to give up????!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

myne says access denied when i try and run setup.exe wich is stupid when im administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank god for John_Nevill his solution worked for me grab the package that you downloaded cut it and paste it in C: then run it choose to extract it to C: then run the setup and it works FINE for me im running windows xp sp2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines