Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my. It is the worst installer, I have ever seen. Really.

- 1st time I tried to install a plus component next to the installed ones. No, I couldn't do it, because the installer always threw an error. "There were errors installing InDesign CS 3" - like Windows error messages.

- 2nd time I deleted everything. Except some very hidden folders. Then only the shared components were installed. Not else. But I discovered, the Setup copy something into the c:\Program files\Adobe\Installer.

- 3rd time I deleted everything. Now really everything. From the registry, from the folders etc. So, there were no file on my machine contained the word "Adobe". Tried to install, but it was installing half of the shared components. After 3 hours I closed the installer with the process manager, because it didn't want to quit...

- 4th time I can't start it (after a repeated Adobe-cleaning) because after the dialog of Setup.exe nothing happend. Nothing. And there was no Progam Files\Adobe\Installer folder!

Why is this setup soooo bad? Why must we use this beta (or rather alpha) product? Why we can't install from the .msi files?

I liked Adobe Products. Notice the past time. Sorry, but I'm not able to catch why the setup wasn't tested normally. Beacuse it was not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zotsaki, I do have to wonder about the msi files too. I wonder if there's an override that we could use to bypass the setup.exe and just get the .msi's to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 , i had the exact same problem until i downloaded that and removed the adobe entry.. I then ran the setup file from the dvd drive ( but the .js file was modified in my common/adobe folder. )

it hadn't worked until i removed the entry with that utility

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2007 Jul 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get your symptoms exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are still people having problems with this. Has anyone thought of using Philip's instructions on XP? I did it on my XP computer and it ran fine. It also works with Vista definitely, as Photoshop and Illustrator are running fine on my computer.

Though I did find that it didn't work unless the installation files were copied to the Hard Drive and run from there, but it may not be that way for anyone else.

But yes, post #23 works for me. I just wanted to confirm that, and to tell the guy who criticized it and said it was in the knowledgebase that it helps. No offense intended.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that I'm downloading from the internet, the trial actually so I'm not sure if that particular fix works. In fact I think I tried it but it was a no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.........errr, I think the trial expired. Last time I tried to run it it told me that it expired. That might be your problem. But the thingy above works for the full version ;)

Aside from it expiring, I can't think of anything else that might effect it.

Oh, and it's post #28 not #23, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2007 Jul 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so, the reason I came to this thread is because the trial would not install properly. It wasn't expired, you can still download it from the Download section here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2007 Jul 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard the last post. I actually went and checked out the post Dado suggested and upon reading it, tried it out and ... it worked! The trial is now installing. Thanks Dado, sorry I posted before checking it out first,lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to install this on Windows XP after trying all of the above suggestions. This is so frustrating. Any other ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Photoshop cs3 extended on my computer but every time I run setup it just closes when it finishes loading the screen up the top of the page saying adobe setup.

I have windows xp home addition with SP2
1 gb of ram
200 gb had

I've tried changing the file in notepad on line 1102 and ive used the windows update package thing as well

any idea how i can get this thing running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all the suggestions about and nothing works i cant get cs3 to install on my vista 64bit machine, cs2 work perfectly so im sticking with that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's only for 32 bit editions right now, at least that's what the product description says in the system requirements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshopextended/systemreqs/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 bit system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2007 Aug 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i accidently deleted photoshop by deleting it in the program files and stupidly emptied the recycle bin so it has gone. however after realising this i tried to reinstall it but it conflicts with itself as i neva removed it via installation thus photoshop still appears when i click on the control panel uninstall programs. but i cannot uninstall it there because technically none of it programs exist on my computer. so i cannot remove it properly nor reinstall it

what should i do???????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2007 Aug 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>i tried to reinstall it but it conflicts with itself

something wrong there. reboot in safe mode (press f8 when xp logo is showing). run the install from the cd. install on top of the old installation. apply all updates when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to: gorodek - 8:49am May 1, 07 PST (#59 of 115)

Gorodek, you are a TRUE HERO!!

As many disappointed people here, I could not install CS3 (XP). The installation process simply stopped in an early stage, just after showing a pop-up window for a split second.

I have been searching on the Adobe forum, but unfortunately I did not find this message thread yet. After many desperate hours I called the Dutch Adobe helpdesk. First I got some useless suggestion to update my dvd driver(!?) I told him that installing did not even work directly from a copy on my harddisk. Then the guy asked me to send the installation log file. I did (tip: do not send them a .gz file, it bounces, rename it to .aaa for example). After that, they did not reply for hours.

While waiting for Adobe's reply, I kept searching on the forum myself. Then by coincidence I found the hint of Gorodek (see #59). I tried it and IT WORKS!!!!

So anyone who suffers from an aborting CS3 installation, please try the Gorodek solution!!

Gorodek, thank you SO MUCH!!!! You saved my life :-)

Walter (from Holland)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter,

Yes, Dutch Adobe helpdesk is worthless: they have never been able to help me with installation issues.
Luckily we have this forum...

Ronald (from Belgium)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Dutch Adobe helpdesk is worthless

Huh! And yet Adobe justifies their disproportionately high prices in Europe by saying they need separate support organisations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>disproportionately high prices in Europe by saying they need separate support organisations.

Well, that makes sence... Suppose you have a business and you have to pay wages for your employees who are totally incompetent and worthless that surely is an extra cost to your business isn't it? :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2007 Aug 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck here -- following gorodek #59 advise does not solve the problem for me (on XP SP2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2007 Aug 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem installing CS3 that was caused by either left over IE7 beta stuff, or something screwing up my Registry Permissions. I blogged about it recently, but in short, I needed to uninstall IE 7 to get it to work, and after that, needed to reset the permissions on my registry to get Flash Player and other things to work again.

I hope this helps someone. Here's the blog post: http://www.unfocus.com/projects/2007/08/31/adobe-cs3-install-headache-and-ie-7-beta-remnants/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2007 Sep 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gorodek,

Thank you for your help :)
Your solution works.
Photoshop CS3 installation process is running fine now.

Keep posting.

---
Regards,
citi-boy

Moscow, RUSSIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: installation of Photoshop CS3 Extended Trial on Vista Home Premium:

I got the issue whereby the installer started and silently crashed. The following seemed to fix this for me:

1) Move the installer folder from the default install location to the c:\ drive [not sure if this was required. The default install location was the desktop]

2) Ensure Compatability for setup.exe is set to Run as Administrator, for *all* users [i., click Show Settings for All Users and set 'Run as Administrator']

Installing now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>citi-boy - 8:59am Sep 3, 07 PST (#122 of 123)

>Moscow, RUSSIA

Hey citi-boy! Greetings from Moscow, Pennsylvania, USA!!!

Cheers!

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines