Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
New Here ,
May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets see again.

1. Start the (Photoshop Extended) Setup as usual and let him disappear.
2. Now You have \Adobe\Installers\XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\resources\common\scripts folder
in which you make changes (ContainerProxy.js).
3. Then You run again Setup.exe in \Adobe\Installers\XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and make installation to end.
4. Now start the DreamWeaver Setup and let him disappear.
5. Now you have new folder \Adobe\Installers\YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY\resources\common\scripts.
6. Make changes in ContainerProxy.js and run Setup.exe in \Adobe\Installers\YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not working for me hun.. sorry 😞 One odd thing I noticed is I'm getting two new install folders instead of one. One had the setup.exe and payloads folder and the other has the rest in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I got it! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, I think i solved it!!
All you 've got to do is to install "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe"

1.Try to install Dreamweaver for the first time (it stops in initiliazing...)
2.Open your "Doccuments" (from the Desktop)
3.In there you will find a folder named "Downloaded Installations"
4.In the folder ".\Downloaded Installations\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\redist" you will find the "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe"
5.Install it!!!!!("WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe")
6. You have to reboot in order to complete the above installation
7. Now you should install Dreamweaver just fine!

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2007 May 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wasted a lot of time today trying to install CS3. I had previously been using the beta version but had uninstalled that several days ago using Add/Remove programs in Windows XP. The problem is exactly the same as described by Ken Morris in message #45 (and my computer set up is virtually identical to his). I don't mind doing simple things like disabling virus protection or copying files to my hard drive if this will solve the problem, but I don't see why I should have to do anything more complicated than this when I have paid so much for the software. I haven't contacted Adobe yet but am wondering whether Ken (or anyone else) has a simple solution (seems unlikely in view of the other postings in this thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its very simple Rachel, you should't have to. Unfortunately if you want that program installed on your computer, you'll need to go thru the same song and dance the rest of us have. Its alot easier then it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent a second (one hour) session with Adobe tech support on the "disappearing installer" issue.<br />Finally got CS3 installed.<br /><br />I had already done what I could find on the Internet: <br />A) uninstalled the CS3 Beta AND all other Adobe products.<br />B) run the Adobe CS3Clean script (all four levels).<br />C) Manually deleted all references to Adobe in the "Program Files" folders and Registry.<br />D) etc., etc. <pray to gods>, etc.<br />Nothing worked. Installer started, then just disappeared.<br />I am running Windows XP Pro w/SP2.<br /><br />Leaving aside most of the "try this" suggestions, the tech had me uninstall and reinstall the Windows Loader, and all non-Microsoft services and all Startup programs were disabled (I don't think this is important since it had no effect before the steps below, but it was the situation at the time).<br /><br />After deactivating and uninstalling the CS3 Beta, if you used it, try the following:<br /><br />NOTE: Quote marks are to identify text. They are not part of any folder or file discussed here.<br /><br />Copy the "Adobe CS3" folder from the installation CD to your harddrive.<br />From the harddrive copy, open the folder "resources\common\scripts".<br />Right-click on the file "ContainerProxy.js", click "Open With", and select Notepad.<br />With the file open in Notepad, click Edit (from the top menu), then "Go To...".<br />In the "Line Number" box, type 1102, and press Enter. This will take you to line #1102.<br />Locate the "SetSessionInitialized" variable as follows.<br />Look on the screen for the line "jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));".<br />Delete "window.external." ->, "jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));".<br />Save the file.<br />Go back to the harddrive parent folder "Adobe CS3" and run the Setup.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How easy! I can't think why people are complaining. Photoshop is a complicated program you can expect it to just install can you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as posted by "gorodek" earlier in this thread:

gorodek, "Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared" #59, 1 May 2007 8:49 am

could he have hit upon "thee" solution? if adobe's instructing people on it now...

I only see that one post from gorodek... who was that masked man? B)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2007 May 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After wasting many hours on this, I can still only get the 'shared components' to install. I phoned Adobe and was told that I should run the clean up script (which I already knew about). I said that I was slightly nervous about doing this because of the warnings about losing the contents of my hard drive but his reply was "of course you would have to reinstall your operating system, but then you would have to do that if you had a hard drive failure, wouldn't you". I eventually took a deep breath, said a little prayer and ran the clean up script. Even after 'level 2', it has not solved the problem (although the computer otherwise seems OK). One of the most frustrating things about it is having to wait 15-20 minutes each time for confirmation that it hasn't worked. I will try phoning Adobe again, but if they cannot suggest a solution, I will have to explain the situation to Amazon and hope that they will be willing to give a refund (I'm not sure that they will).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2007 May 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don Frack and Gorodeck

Thank you, that's got me up and running.

Rachel

It's always desirable to back up your data because you can't guarantee your system won't crash and then the consequences of not having done so are not worth contemplating. These days external hard drives are quite cheap and you can just plug them into a USB port.

There are two kinds of backup - backing up some or all of the files on your hard drive and mirroring the hard drive. I already had the first kind of backup but the message with the cleanup script made me focus on software to mirror my main hard drive. Mirroring copies just not the files you work on and can see but all software and hidden settings so if your hard drive crashes you can restore the mirror and get everything back.

The software I have settled on is Acronis True Image 10. There are not many that do mirroring and this seems to have the best reputation for reliability. Additionally it is quite cheap ($US50, less on ebay, much less on Amazon if you are in the US), easy to use and fast.

Although you could use the free 14-day trial (as I did, though I will buy it soon) the safest solution would be to purchase the boxed version (not the download). That comes with a bootable recovery CD in case you are locked out of your PC by a crash (not sure of more specific details). Here is a [url=http://www.barrys-rigs-n-reviews.com/reviews/2007/utilities/ti10/ti10_1.htm]full review with lots of screen shots.

Regards,
Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2007 May 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To GORODEK:

Thanks G!
Your solution ->

b http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3b755/58

<- worked a treat on my Vista setup that had no previous Adobe products on it whatsoever...

Very much appreciated as I was seriously running out of hair to pull out!

Why can't Adobe live by that ancient maxim:
"If your installer ain't broke, don't fix it"?
My copy of CS2 came on 5 CDs and installed in half an hour.
After three 45 minute attempts, CS3, which arrived on a single DVD (not a full single layer either...) took 61 minutes! WTF!!!

GORODEK! Thx again, you the mutts nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 CD's? I have only one!:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the suggestions that Gorodek and others made above - but it didn't work for me! When I retried to reinstall after making the changes to ContainerProxy.js, the installer started asking for the location of things - I responded okay. I finally got a message that CS3 and Bridge had NOT installed successfully. Now when I try to go through the process again, I'm told that I have to complete the previous installation - and I have no idea how to do that. Add/remove program reports tha CS3 is there but it won't remove it.

Any suggestions that might help me???

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>My copy of CS2 came on 5 CDs and installed in half an hour.

mamapapaxp, you need to seriously rethink where you're buying your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2007 May 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay: I've solved my problem: I cleaned out all the CS3 remnants on my computer, reinstalled CS2, and am going to return CS3 to Adobe for a refund! (I still can't believe Adobe would sell a product that would not install!)

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same issue here. I'm trying to install Adobe CS3 Design Premium but the installer appear shortly and suddenly disappear. I'm following a suggestion from Philip Timothy Smith ( Philip Timothy Smith, "Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared" #28, 26 Apr 2007 ...) and everything is working fine now. Installer is running well.

=====================================================================
Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
3. Navigate to Windows\System32.
4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.
=====================================================================

Thanks to Philip Timothy Smith!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem trying to install CS3 extended also. My problem is very similar to this one. When I run the setup to the installation I get this:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8660/cs3errordq4.jpg

It just stays there and does nothing. I have let it do this over night and through out the day, still nothing happens.

Also, I am running on Windows XP SP2, and all my computer spec meet the minimum requirements to run CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2007 Jun 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:(

Tried everything above that relates to XP Pro... hacking the js file, running the CS3 cleaner (i only get two levels not four as someone mentioned???), installing the Windows installer, setting IE as the default browser, doing the msconfig number (mentioned elsewhere), creating a new user account with admin rights and trying all the above from there simultaneously... Nada. Nothing works... After the Setup window, the splash comes on for a fraction of a second and then... dies :(

Someone, help!!!! :)

Cheers,

JJ

PS: System details are posted in this thread:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc41050/4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2007 Jun 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2007 Jun 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my install error gives me this message
"A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check space on your computer and write privileges on the destination folder." I ask thee..."wtf?!!!" I have service pack 2. windows xp home edition. 2.66 ghz and 768 mb of ram!! My HD has about 25 gigs left! WHAT THE HELL I CAN't INSTALL THE 30 DAY TRIAL!!! I WANT TO SEE DREAMWEAVER CS3's sexiness and ease for myself (I currently have DREAMWEAVER 8. PLEASE HELP PLEEEASE! (I deleted temp folders and everything so don't hand me that garbage >_<)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

While the problem you're seeing may be common to all CS3 products, Dreamweaver installation problems are best discussed in that product forum with users familiar with Dreamweaver specifically.

Regards,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have the same problem. Vista ultimate 64bit Creative Suite 2.3 functioned not to installing.

THANKS for YOUR ASSISTANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the 30 day trial, yet I'm having the same problems. I unzip the program after downloading and it unpacks itself. When I click the Setup.exe I get the same Setup pic that Chayuth posted. It flashes and then nothing, no set up, no install etc. I'm using a Vista Home Premium desktop with 400GB HD, 2GB RAM, and a 5000+ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2007 Jun 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piping in with the same issue. You'd imagine that Adobe would look into threads that approach 100 comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines