Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the new cleanup tools for Windows can solve this.
Problem fixed for me. But it seems there's need to uninstall ALL of Adobe products before using this tool.

Thank you for every reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What new clean up tools? Did they release something in the last few days?
Phillip: Not everyone is on Vista and this solution doesnt work for EVERYONE who is on it. It isnt an abosolute solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you all like to to find the solution for Windows XP problems with CS3, if so give me the weekend to sort it. How I fix problems is easy think of it like a puzzle and you need to find the missing peice, to do this you first find where the problem is happening, then look at why it's happening by looking at the source code of the application then you will see the problem. So if you can't do this I will setup a XP machine and sort it for you. p.s. I may have to make a little patch or something if this Adobe's fault with XP and I will make a exe file which you run on your machine to fix it?

Then Adobe should pay me 🙂 !!!

Philip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2007 May 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a great idea philip!!! whoo hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pure genius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have at it, Big Phil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're way too freakin' awesome, Philip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not worthy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see video http://cromerhigh.org/cs3.avi i made may help??? wait until wkend. I know its dreamweaver (all i have at work) but uses same installer as photoshop. This will prob not fix your problems though, (just might)???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:
It took me a few hours to roughly figure out what happens on my
system and till now I'm still not absolutely sure why the error appears, but
certainly Javascript, IE and the Adobe installer are involved.
To be more specific: The installer quits with an exception
when javascript tries to open "window.external.ANYMETHOD".
Since the problem is NOT SOLVED and only BYPASSED in the follwing steps you might
want to wait for a better solution from Adobe itself (RECOMMENDED),
but with this way I got all products installed and removed again.

0. This workaround is only tested on Windows XP SP2 with Adobe CS3 Design Premium.
To fully complete the next steps be sure you have some experience in handling a
text editor and the Windows Explorer.

1. Start the Setup as usual and let it copy over a few files
and than - after a short popup - let him disappear. There shouldn't be
any other errors except the described above, otherwise you have to deal
with these first (eg. run the cleanup script, if the setup complains
about an allready running installation etc).

2. Now open up your Windows Explorer and go to
/:/\[Program Files]\[Common Files]\Adobe\Installers\c14ac4070fd9614ffe63f4bb533db2c\resources\common\scripts
( "[]" Depending on your installation and language).
Alternatively you can press [WinKey]+R and type in:
"%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Installers\c14ac4070fd9614ffe63f4bb533db2c\resources\common\scripts"

3. Locate a file called "ContainerProxy.js" in the opened Window and
open it with a text editor of your choice (notepad will be adequate).
Right click on the file -> Open with -> Notepad.

4. Go to line 1102 or simply search for
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));"
and replace this line with
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));"

5. Save the file by pressing [Strg]+S or use the menu:
Menu -> File Save.

6. Startup up the installation process again and this time the
installer shouldn't quit and hopefully you will be able to install.

You can simply undo any changes by removing the Adobes "Installers" folder
:\[Program Files]\[Common Files]\Adobe\Installers
and run the Setup again or replace the line in Step 4 with
the original one.
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));"

If I get some time I will further examine how to reproduce and solve
the problem.

HTH
gorodek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont even have this folder 😞 I did alter the JS straight off the DVD tho after I had copied it to the HD and that didnt work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesss! It works for me!!!
(Vista Ultimate, Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended).
Thanks, Gorodek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good work!

But not a solution for the artists and photographers who don't want to look under the hood!

Talk to Adobe Support there is no charge for dealing with installation problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gorodek's EASY "solution" worked for me (with WinXP). Thank you!!!

I skipped step 2 as instead of "...c14ac407..." in the middle of the string I had "...719d6...". So, I simply did a search for "ContainerProxy.js", found the file and edited it accordingly.

I have a couple of questions...

1. Will keeping the newly edited ContainerProxy.js file as is affect any other (Adobe) programs?

2. What happens if I restore the ContainerProxy.js file to its original state, now that CS3 is installed and operating correctly?

I'm just trying to figure out what potential drawbacks, if any, that this patch may have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gorodek's "solution" worked for me (with WinXP Pro SP2).

Thanks a million !!! I had been at this with a vengence since April 17, trying all sorts of goofy guesses from Adobe Support team. Short of Format C; (not an option) but doing everything else including wiping out 1/2 dozen Adobe programs clean, nothing worked.
Gorodek's solution is quick, simple and worked as it should.

SHAME ON YOU ADOBE FOR RELEASING SUCH POORLY CONSTRUCTED INSTALLER.

---Gorodek, if you are ever passing thru AZ, dinner is on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GORODEK YOU ARE THE MAN! I finally got around to fiddleling with every thing again and found the folder did what you said and it WORKED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God for Gorodek!!! After a week or so of seething hatred for trying to install CS3, finally something that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This certainly looks like a solution for when the installer just dies at the start. I wonder if it will work for others, for those where the installer runs but only puts on parts rather than the whole, or where setup says the installer is 'corrupt', etc. Worth a try in any event!!!!!

Gorodek deserves a medal in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, if he could figure out what to adujust with the DW and Flash installs Id offer to give him a child. *smirks* Yea, every single CS3 installer I have is doing the same crap. *sighs*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference what installer you use - CS3 Web Premium, CS3 Design Premium, Photoshop Extended or Dreamweaver.

Just find another installer folder (for example look folder creation date)
:\[Program Files]\[Common Files]\Adobe\Installers\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\resources\common\scripts
and make same changes in ContainerProxy.js.

Thats all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I haven't waded through all the previous posts to see if my point has been raised already but just wanted to say that I could not install PSCS3 or Dreamweaver CS3 on a Vista Ultimate machine - the setup window disappeared - until an Adobe Tech told me to try -

1. Create a new Administrator
2. Install the program
3. Get rid of the new Administrator.

This worked for me on both programs.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope Six666 even after the js editing I still get the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have made changes in ContainerProxy.js You must run installer Setup.exe in Adobe\Installers\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No go. Nothing even starts up with that. God this is getting so irritating. Thank you for helping tho. I really do appriciate it. I got so happy when I got Photoshop to install lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, now Im getting an error that says "Sessions has dependancies that cannot be satisfied" Blech.. what next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines