• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phu, yeah. This one was not posted as a reliable fix provided from Adobe support. Now it has been. You're welcome. (And I never said it would work for everyone. Hopefully they'll fix this ish asap.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences file (%userprofile%\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Prefs.psp) fixed the issues with text for me.  Hope this get fixed in 20.0.4+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preference AND opened an RGB document. After doing this and ONLY after doing both was I able to select text again in any document.

What is causing this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like something on your system corrupted you Photoshop Preferences.  Could have been anyting from a hardware write error to a software bug to a RAM error.  Do you use ECC Ram in your machine?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe Adobe did someting dumb? Gee I wonder, because if it was just his preferences then why is mine and all these other people's photoshops screwed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should use Adobe Feedback site and see what if anything Adobe has to say.  User here do not work for Adobe if your preference are mess up you need to reset them.  Corrupt preferences cause many problems in Photoshop. Corrupt preferences is such a common occurrence Adobe added a shortcut and a button to reset into Photoshop.   Adobe releases too many bugs and all problems users have using Photoshop are not all problems in Photoshop code.  Don't be a Gee wonderer  become active and help us report bugs you have to Adobe use this link please report bugs you have  Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you quite understand why I am unhappy with Adobe, my prefs are not messed up this is a different issue, I take your point about sending feedback on the bugs, but you need to understand that I and everyone else who uses the app for work pay Adobe a good deal of money to provide us with a functioning app, not a broken one and I do not appreciate having to add to what I pay in money with a tax on my time. The software business has long been rife with buggy releases and that is a business model that exploits the user. It needs to end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i totally agree with you, this is so incomprehensibly embarrassing for a company like adobe, this bug will soon be half a year old and no statement, no announcement, no help and nothing from adobe. i reinstalled photoshop, reinstalled CS, reinstalled the OS, deleted the prefs countless times, browsed all forums looking for tips - it easily took 40-50h of time in total. And I pay Adobe hundreds of dollars every year for this. I could go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt anyone at HQ for Adobe is. The most of their Creative Suite that is used by executives there is most likely Acrobat, and that is a stretch. They have no concern for end users or the time that we have to slog through their issues and finger pointing at other companies for their issues. The stockholders are happy, San Jose people are very happy and we get the shaft and pay monthly with our money and wasted time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a horrific company for the following reasons:

• I have been on the chat line with billing for one hour.
  • I called San Jose and when I got the operator, I asked if there were any humans there that would talk to me about my issues and their product. I was told "No, just call Customer Support because I tell where you are going with this".
  • Not only do they employ mind readers, but they under-employ people at San Jose that actually do things that the end users like us need.
  • The company is arrogant, snippy, and run by people that take all their customers for granted, especially the freelancers and self- employed.
  • They would be better served if the top people who care more about the stock price than customers had to do a Photoshop drawing when it is buggy and acting up, and make them try to solve it by themselves.
  • Oh, and lastly they just suck overall.

Sincerely,

A landscape architect that has had enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more they update the more things they screw up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this is so poor, Adobe! 20.0.4 is out and still doesn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem in 20.0.4 and I got it to work by just opening a new document tab, and starting a new text layer which worked fine and I was able to highlight text, then swapped to the other tab where it was not working and then everything was fine there. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND - I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I had the same problem. I was able to get my cursor and text highlight back after I created a new doc with text box.

I am a bit frustrated - every update moves me closer and closer to Affinity apps and I am just about done after this pathetic Photoshop CC v.20 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I've been able to get this working without having to reset preferences. So long as I create a new RGB doc and throw a textbox onto the document, I can then edit text in any other docs that are open. I still find it ridiculous this is even an issue but this is a quick workaround that has consistently been working for me. I'm running the latest version of CC and am on the latest version of macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Running Mojave and experiencing the text highlighting issue along with odd polygonal lasso tool behavior as well. None of the fixes outlined by others in this thread worked except for either unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in PS preferences or creating a new RGB document in PS, then going back to my original PS document that was experiencing these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Changed color settings to Monitor RGB Settings and that fixed it. Try it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... did as stated preferences performance unchecked use graphic processor cursor n selection appeared for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common adobe wheres the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does not work. My issue just started yesterday. Again, Adobe and their idiocy putting out stuff that will cause issues all without testing it. Now I have projects due and cannot edit. Thanks again for your ever expanding library of ways to make work harder and more behind schedule!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going into preferences -performance -and turning off use Graphic Processor ad turning on LEGACY Compositing fixed my issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

By turning off "Use Graphics Processor " you will lose some functionality that requires a GPU more info

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Try setting it to basic instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Just what I want from Adobe. A new machine, which I was of course advised on this forum was a garbage computer, (Surface Studio 2 maxed out). brand new. So now I can downgrade my graphics. Thanks ADOBE!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the new12,000 buck Apple computer would have these issues with Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged Traynor, that worked and I still have use of my graphics processor. This was the best workaround for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines