• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2015 Error on PC: "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries" - how to repair?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded all of my apps to CC2015, but when trying to use the Libraries features I get the error (pictured below): "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries".

The tooltip over the Creative Cloud logo says "Failed to Initialize." While the "more information" link (Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Libraries) redirects to the generic Libraries Help.

How to repair? So far this is the case for Illustrator and Photoshop on my PC. (This is not a problem on my Mac.)

AdobeCCerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

This worked for me. With Photoshop or Illustrator running (If on a mac), go to your activity monitor and look for CCLibrary. Click the X to stop the the service, it will automatically restart and your library will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo!

Cheers ruthf50388300 and danny_jack_johnson‌

An effective and impressively unintuitive solution to an irksome problem.(Seems like something or other goes tits-up every time there's a significant CC upgrade.)

Ho-hum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are an absolute star. Worked right away. So pleased. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i looked through this thread and realized i don't know host and proxy or what any of that meant i started to grow glum. I saw your post and was able to follow it exactly and it fixed the problem for me so a huge thank you to you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BINGO! It worked perfectly!!!
Thank you! Saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigado comigo deu certo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ending the CCLibraries process through Task Manager worked perfectly on my Wondows 10 machines!  Thanks for posting this!  it's disappointing that Adobe customer service isn't more helpful on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent guidance! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that this did resolve my issue. Great advice! Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! this finally worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True hero of the day! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

end process under task manager for cc libraries works for me, but you have to do it every darn time you open PhotoshopCC 2015.5 ...O ell - such is life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this also worked for me. I think the bug came from the most recent CC 2015 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thhis definitely worked! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Danny!
I have stopped the service on Windows 7 and OS X 10.10 and on both computers this solved the problem with libraries panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! I was about to loose my head....

In Windows 8, I went into the 'Task Manager' and killed the process 'CC Libraries.'  Immediately after killing the process the library initialized and is now working.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway I can fix this issue with Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those using Windows, start your Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, then scroll down to CCLibrary.exe *32, choose it, then click on the End Process button at the bottom right. It will ask if you really want to end the process, click End Process. The process will restart automatically and your Libraries will re-appear in your CC applications.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it, it did not work. I'm having the same error still, both for Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kechiya, I had to do it a few times before it eventually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know, my CC is up to date, and my apps are up to date as well... hopefully it gets better, Issues like this makes me not to completely depend on CC Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kechiya,

I'm STILL working with tech support. They've escalated it a third time now. I'm on a mac, but whatever they eventually figure out that fixes it, I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines