• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear guides vs Clear canvas guides

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what is the difference between 'Clear Guides' and 'Clear Canvas Guides' in the 'View' Command drop down menu?
Flemgooz

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Clear Canvas Guides« seems to refer to Guides that are not connected to an Artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's new to me.  I have very occasionally seen the dark blue guides, but the only time I ever use Artboards is to test forum answers.  I have often thought that it pays to have a good and thorough look through the menus and tools now and again, as some new features can slip past you otherwise.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is helpx does not seem to mention »Clear Canvas Guides« at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, 
I saw an explanation in the post just below. Something about Artboard being something to do with it.
I think I understand, but browse read it because I'm bored with the topic now due to the time losses spent..
But I agree, Its a broader problem about why these tools arent explained in any User Guide, let alone mentioned. The time wasted having to make a public forum every fiddling time we want to see what a command does is ludicrous.  
Why we are on the Community discussing this in the first place.
Makes every job a slow grinding task.
Maybe the Adobe Moderators are lonely and want to get some interaction from their users by putting tricks in their menus?  not sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny thing is helpx does not seem to mention »Clear Canvas Guides« at all. 

By @c.pfaffenbichler

You're correct, it's in a screenshot with no explanation of how it differs from the standard command:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/grid-guides.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines