Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipboard still not working? Darn you.

Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://microsoft.blognewschannel.com/archives/2007/09/05/how-to-fix-the-photosho  p-clipboard/

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2119117

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2848880

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1674006

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2463586

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2119117

I read all thoose topics and googled my ass off. Why did this f*ck worked in Photoshop CS1, but not in CS5 anymore?

I can't Print Screen and C/P anymore and it just gets me frustrated. I tried these damn registry-fixes, but Photoshop

will just ignore them.

Isn't there any 3rd-party-application that solves the problem in any way? I closed all other apps, stopped most of the services, but C/P is still not working.

Damn you Adobe, fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 7 64-bit system, I simply renamed the

Plug-ins -> Nik Software -> Selective Tool

directory to

Plug-ins -> Nik Software -> Selective Tool - bak

and that workaround attempt was NOT successful.

After actually deleting the Selective Tool subdirectory, I could finally paste into Photoshop CS5 64-bit layers from my scanner application without further (known) limitations.

Well, except that my 64-bit Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete plugin is somewhat disabled under Photoshop (not so Lightroom, where it loosely integrates as an external editor).

Thanks for this helpful thread.  Time to communicate this problem to the Nik Software folks . . .

- ooofest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nik has provided a file that you copy into the selective tool folder. This will only help those that have found the selective tool to trigger the clipboard issue.

Download the following file (I’ve attached a compressed version too):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794472/SelToolInst.cfg

Place it in the c:\programs\adobe\adobe photoshop cs5\plug-ins\nik software\selective tool\ folder
Restart Photoshop

We still continue to look into other clipboard issues.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG... (steve), the fix from Nik Software works well with my 64-bit Windows, PS CS5 and Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete (including their Selective Tool), thanks.

Until finding this thread, it was rather frustrating when attempting to figure out just why Photoshop didn't appear to accept an updated Windows clipboard.

- ooofest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, someone, type here text, contained in NIK cfg file. thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HostType=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooofest wrote:

On my Windows 7 64-bit system, I simply renamed the

Plug-ins -> Nik Software -> Selective Tool

directory to

Plug-ins -> Nik Software -> Selective Tool - bak

and that workaround attempt was NOT successful.

After actually deleting the Selective Tool subdirectory, I could finally paste into Photoshop CS5 64-bit layers from my scanner application without further (known) limitations.

Well, except that my 64-bit Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete plugin is somewhat disabled under Photoshop (not so Lightroom, where it loosely integrates as an external editor).

Thanks for this helpful thread.  Time to communicate this problem to the Nik Software folks . . .

- ooofest

It works in Photoshop too, but after you've deleted the selective tool folder and then try to use any of the Nik-plugins, effects won't apply to your image unless you hit CTRL+F one extra time (redo last filter). Then it applies whatever settings you did via the plugins. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on windows 7 enterprise using Photoshop CS5 (both are 64bit).

I have the clipboard bug, where windows or photoshop won't update the clipboard when copying files (jpg, gif, screengrab, etc) outside of photoshop and then pasting in photoshop. Photoshop will not update the clipboard.

I am not using any thrid-party plug-ins.

Would anybody know if Adobe or Microsoft have a fix for this?

Restarting photoshop everytime I need to copy files outside of photoshop is not realistic, as I have multiple files open in photoshop when working. plus my job is very time sensitvie.

I understand this bug has been around for years and I have read this thread (and other boards).

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you in advance,

Exasperated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried:

- Update to the latest version of the software?

- Perform a reinstall as such:

• Uninstall Adobe
  • Run Registry Cleaning tools
  • Reinstal in different program location

If so, try creating a different user on your machine, see if clipboard disfunctions also occur on that account.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've also seen clipboard errors when jDownloader was running (it's a bug in jDownloader that they have yet to fix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was totally mad too. If you look carefully you'll notice CS5 ships with 64bit by default. Mind you the 32bit version will still work (navigating Program Files (x86)).

solution is to look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\{your version}, (if you have cs5, then {your version} is 12) and

a) adding a 'dword' value with name "AlwaysImportClipboard64" and value 1, OR as I found out myself

b) add a 'qword' value (quarter instead of double ) "AlwaysImportClipboard" with also value 1

follow the link if you have trouble opening registry editor etc.

work.http://www.atlanticbt.com/blog/adobe-photoshop-clipboard-copypaste-bug-fix/

greets

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike Basil wrote:

i was totally mad too. If you look carefully you'll notice CS5 ships with 64bit by default. Mind you the 32bit version will still work (navigating Program Files (x86)).

solution is to look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\{your version}, (if you have cs5, then {your version} is 12) and

a) adding a 'dword' value with name "AlwaysImportClipboard64" and value 1, OR as I found out myself

b) add a 'qword' value (quarter instead of double ) "AlwaysImportClipboard" with also value 1

follow the link if you have trouble opening registry editor etc.

work.http://www.atlanticbt.com/blog/adobe-photoshop-clipboard-copypaste-bug -fix/

greets

mike

I believe your advice to use a QWORD is snake oil, and you should stop spreading it around.  It just wastes peoples' time.

QWORD stands for QuadWord, and is 8 bytes = 64 bits. 

DWORD stands for DoubleWord, and is 4 bytes = 32 bits.

There's no reason to think the 64 bit version of Photoshop would switch to using a QWORD for a simple flag.

Not only is a 32 bit DWORD still the natural size for integers in the 64 bit instruction set, but I'd bet money, because they compile much the same code for both 32 bit and 64 bit Photoshop, that the word size in the registry access is the same (DWORD) in both versions.

Chris Cox, can you confirm?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey noel,

thanks for explaining once again what quandword and double word stand

for; i must note, i found it purely by experimentation.

As regards for registry values, afaik, you dont access a different word

value by changing architecture, instead, you do it by specifying the

value type explicitly. And that is what i think they (adobe developers)

have done.

greets

Am 30.08.2011 09:50, schrieb Noel Carboni:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct, the data type is explicitly specified in registry access calls.

Speaking of experimentation...  I just did a Procmon monitoring session and started Photoshop CS5 x64.

The only pertinent registry accesses are to these values:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\12.0\AlwaysImportClipboard

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\12.0\AlwaysImportClipboard

When I created the value AlwaysImportClipboard as a QWORD the RegQueryValue does succeed, but I think it's up to the API call to match the requested type against the actual value type.  So I still think we need to hear from Chris Cox on whether Photoshop will actually use a QWORD if one exists.

When I created the value AlwaysImportClipboard64 as a DWORD, it never accessed it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines