• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool not pasting cloned area

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to work the clone stamp tool and its not working. I hold option and click on the area I want to clone, then drag my trackpad over where I want the cloned area and it doesn't do anything. I am cloning the background layer and have the clone option as current layer. All settings are as standard and when I have cloned I can see the preview but when I then drag onto the part I want to paste that, it just doesn't do it.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

@Scarlett309181516ad2 

Hi Scarlett,

In the options bar, change the blending mode from Soft Light to Normal.

janee_0-1688652465518.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scarlett309181516ad2 double check your options at the top - is your clone stamp Sample to Current Layer or Current and Below? It should be Current and Below to copy one layer to another.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1688647220652.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you, it is on that and copies well just doesn't paste it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scarlett - can you share a screenshot of your workspace with the layers panel open showing the issue? Is the target layer locked at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 14.11.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scarlett - its odd that you have the entire background layer duplicated onto a copy instead of an blank new layer. That could be why you arent seeing results.

Try using an empty layer as your target - select your background image as a source holding opt then painting onto the new blank layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scarlett309181516ad2 

Hi Scarlett,

In the options bar, change the blending mode from Soft Light to Normal.

janee_0-1688652465518.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good catch @jane-e !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Managed it!

Ah good catch @jane-e !

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Ah good catch @jane-e !

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Ah good catch @jane-e !

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots so we can see what's happening? The whole screen - layers, options bar, etc.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind... my page is showing me questions with no replies and then showing me all of the replies after I post - ignore me while I try and figure that out.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scarlett already posted a screenshot with the whole screen including layers, options bar, etc., @melissapiccone . Scroll up a little to see it. The options bar shows the blending mode is Soft Light, which is causing the issue.

Jane

EDIT: I didn't see your "nevermind" while I was typing. If you figure out why that was happening, please let us know!!! Hope to see you in October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same exact problem but the solution was to go to the options bar and change the Opacity to 100%.  Somehow mine had been changed to almost 0 %.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines