• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color pallette is showing a beigr tone instead of white

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 25.9.1, Windows 10.  After an update, my color pallette is now in a beige/sepia tone.  What should be white now shows as a mid-range cream beige.  When I go by the color code of ffffff I still get the beige look.  The other colors seem unaffected. I can't find a way to recalibrate the palette.  Thank you.
photoshop color problem.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a bad monitor profile.

Try the following steps:

1. In Windows settings  >System >Display make sure HDR is off.

2. Type Color Management into the Windows search bar.

Replace the current default monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (You might have to click add to see that).

If '1.' above resolves the problem then leave HDR off.  If '2.' above improves then you definitely had a fault monitor profile and you will need to create a new profile, using a hardware calibration device that can read the values from your screen, such as those from Calibrite or Datacolor.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the problem is in the montor settings.  Only photoshop is showing this problem.  The same image as shown in my attachment shows a true white through black drawing when opened in Gimp.  But I will follow through on your suggestions and let you know if they work.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@WyvernWench 

The monitor profile is not a "monitor setting". It's a standard icc profile that Photoshop loads from the operating system at startup. This profile is used in a standard profile conversion, from the document profile into the monitor profile.

This profile conversion is performed on the fly, as you work.

If the monitor profile is not a correct description of the monitor, Photoshop cannot display correctly.

Applications that don't support color management will just ignore the profile. They won't be affected by a bad profile - but they won't benefit from the extra level of accuracy either, when the profile works as it should.

This is why people buy and use calibrators. Then you always have full control of the monitor profile. Without it, you're at the mercy of manufacturer profiles, and they are surprisingly often defective and inaccurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines